VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Info on TDIU

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

links to tdiu information on va website http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/va_searc...earchbtn=Search

Berta,

Did not know where else to post this: Here's a quick overview of what I'm inquiring.

Jan 2010 I was awarded SC for hypertensive heart disease and coronary artery disease secondary to SC hypertension, even though I had submitted my claim for IHD/CAD due to AO exposure while in VN back in 2001 but was denied in 2002 because IHD/CAD was not presumptive, but it is now.

I was rated at 10 percent in Jan 2010, so I filed a 21-4138 requesting my SC award be amended once the new ruling for IHD comes effective and also requested an earlier effective date than what was awarded in January to 2008 but wanted my effective date to 2001 under the Nehmer Law. Then in March 2010 I filed an NOD requesting an increase in rating along with an earlier effective under the new ruling.

Then last week I submitted New and Material evidence in support of my claim and again asked for an increase rating, ect ect.. Three weeks ago I had to have 5 more stents inserted in the artery on my heart which now I have 12 stents in that artery. Without going into my entire heart disease except I had 5 bypasses in 1991 at the age of 41, since then I've had 8 heart attacks, Been on SSD since 1995 due to IHD/CAD and Depression and have not been able to work since 1995. This is all noted in my NOD's, 21-4138's and all other documents.

Yesterday I received a notice from the VARO stating they were working on my claim for IU (new). I have never asked for an IU yet. I"ve asked for an increase in rating and earlier effective date.

Why would the VARO start working on my claim as a (NEW) IU case when I have not requested it???...One, I don't meet the percentage rating to get IU anyway as I'm only rated at 10 percent for the secondary heart diseases and at 10 percent for SC of hypertension.

Two weeks ago I submitted new and material evidence from my private cardiologist from three weeks ago when I had my heart cath. My ejection fraction was 40 percent when I had an echo done just before my heart cath. All these reports were submitted with an 21-4138. It was even documented in these records that my EF's had been as low as 10 percent up to 35 percent and also diagnosed with occassional congestive heart failure.

IF and I ask IF the VARO awards me for IU will I still come under the AO Ruling for IHD/CAD once it's official and will they pay me back pay to when I first filed my claim and not when I reopened it under the Nehmer Rule. ???? Just curious..

In the notice I received from the VARO yesteday indicated they have my SSD payments. I'm submitting the VCAA and indicating I have no new evidence and ask that they make their decision.

ALSO, This Monday, I have to have another chemical induced stress test by my private cardiologist because I'm still having chest pains and light headedness so he wants to see what the stress test will show. It's also documented in my private medical records that I have severe small vessel disease as well.

Thank you. I hope this makes sense to you as I've had problems on other forums whereas they apparently don't understand just what I"m asking. And that pertains to WHY the VARO started a New IU claim on me..

aboogger,

Chance are Berta may not see your post in this topic.

carlie

Thank you, I'll find another area to post this.