VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Doe Sthe Va Take To Provide Cpap Machine?

Rate this topic

Sad thing is that I had the Sleep Study on 3 Feb 10 and after a month or so waiting for them to call me in, I gave up and went to the VA Records Section and they did not have the report in the system. Then I called the civilian sleep lab and asked them to mail me a copy and send a copy to the VA. I then hand-carried my copy to my PCP and clled the enxt day to verify they had the report and then they ordered a CPAP machine. I don't like to cause trouble, I worked at the VA for 20 years but I do know that I followed up with my patients and fully explained what they had to expect with my clinic.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I told em I was falling asleep in traffic (which was True :huh: ) and got it quickly.

I've only had two wrecks and fell asleep once while driving at 70MPH. But, today I went to a medical supply joint and picked up a CPAP TODAY it really suirprised me to walk in and walk out with the unit. Didn't cost a dime either with Medicare and my medical insurance. I guess the VA will call someday and I'll have to discuss it with them. Don't know what I'll do with two CPAP machines. It was interestig to find that the CPAP machine and all the attachments cost the gov't close to $800 and I went to Amazon.com and found CPAP machines for far less. Thanks to all you folks that helped me out, I really appreciate you guys!