VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Neuropsychological Testing

Rate this question

scali71

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

hey,

i was going to start a new topic but see this one is titled what i would titlttle it.

i requested a neuropsychological evaluation due to my stuttering, harder time pulling words out my brian for complete sentences, lessening of verbal expressiveness, etc.

this mostly due to ms, depression/mood disorder(secondary to ms)

i have no idea if thise witll be beneficial or detrimental to me (knowing the va). but, no one at va wants to write what and why i have these issues so i asked for this exam to check it out.

i see "wings" below explain some of this type of testing, anyone know other stuff about it? schedulaer did say to bring snack/meds/water due to it is like 4 hours long or so. i'll have to take meds just ot sit 4 hours and the stress of just being at a VA will increase.

ok, i'm rampbling, sorry. just trying to get heads up of what to expect if any folks here know.

thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

hey,

i was going to start a new topic but see this one is titled what i would titlttle it.

i requested a neuropsychological evaluation due to my stuttering, harder time pulling words out my brian for complete sentences, lessening of verbal expressiveness, etc.

this mostly due to ms, depression/mood disorder(secondary to ms)

i have no idea if thise witll be beneficial or detrimental to me (knowing the va). but, no one at va wants to write what and why i have these issues so i asked for this exam to check it out.

i see "wings" below explain some of this type of testing, anyone know other stuff about it? schedulaer did say to bring snack/meds/water due to it is like 4 hours long or so. i'll have to take meds just ot sit 4 hours and the stress of just being at a VA will increase.

ok, i'm rampbling, sorry. just trying to get heads up of what to expect if any folks here know.

thanks

x

x

x

It's been many years since I gave the neuro-psychological tests to military patients, so I am not sure which tests are status quo anymore. The younger vets tested for TBI will know! I do know that a simple battery (series) of simple tasks would include intelligence, memory, problem solving, etc. Do not try to hide your difficulties --its to your advantage to reproduce the symptoms you are having problems with at home and work. ~Wings

x

x

x

It's been many years since I gave the neuro-psychological tests to military patients, so I am not sure which tests are status quo anymore. The younger vets tested for TBI will know! I do know that a simple battery (series) of simple tasks would include intelligence, memory, problem solving, etc. Do not try to hide your difficulties --its to your advantage to reproduce the symptoms you are having problems with at home and work. ~Wings

ok, thanks for reply. i'll see how it goes. too used to being shot in foot via VA when i do the right thing. thanks