VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Long Waits For Medical Treatment.

Rate this topic

I work at the VA in Maine. There is a hiring freeze right now because of the budget. The VA I'm at is short two people to draw blood. The VA is not going to hire any new people until the vets start complaining about the wait. This probably goes for all departments. If you have any long waits for medical care, make sure you stop by patient advocacy or call to complain, this is the only way vacant positions will be filled.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Unfortunatly the VA distributes budget money according to the number of Vets they have in the system. If you are in a State where the population is low then there are less money to go around. On the other hand, a VA in Florida will always get more money as they always have job openings. This is due to the enourmopus number of vets who live there.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

At my VA they schedule labs 2 hours before appointments and don't allow checkin till 30 minutes before and most of the time I wait at least 30 minutes to an hour and when I see the Doc they don't have the results in the computer. It is absolutely crazy how messed up this is and yes I have complained.