Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue for anemia, right???

Rate this question

SergeantQ

Question

Heyyyyy my fellow veterans.... after getting my rating for Anemia for 10 percent the other day, crying, falling apart and asking GOD WHY ME, I pulled myself together this morning, crawled over to the paperwork and reviewed it again.

Thank god I did because they rated me wrong.

The code for my anemia is ‘Anemia’ 7700. The code they rated me under is ‘Aplastic’ Anemia 7716 which again I don’t possess those symptoms at all. It speaks of infections, transfusions and everything! My anemia is for blood loss where my HGB levels are low 7. 

So this is a QUE, right? 

https://www.benefits.va.gov/WARMS/docs/regs/38cfr/bookc/part4/s4_117.doc

897AA13F-A7E7-4989-8A29-0A22A44FAD8E.png

A50673C8-7167-4090-BBF1-4EA7B8A0741A.png

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah Pernicious  Anemia is a type of Anemia.

Although my New VA PCP has changed it from the pernicious to megaloblastic Anemia  it's under the DC 7700

My HDB Levels at time of all these test were very low 4 I believe  they were dropping everything to tend to me after I got to the Hospital.

But my problem is I have no nexus to link it to my military service  no secondaries to claim its related too.

This just came up on me one day all of a sudden It was about 23 years out of the military.

Edited by Buck52

24 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Yeah Pernicious  Anemia is a type of Anemia.

Although my New VA PCP has changed it from the pernicious to megaloblastic Anemia  it's under the DC 7700

My HDB Levels at time of all these test were very low 4 I believe  they were dropping everything to tend to me after I got to the Hospital.

But my problem is I have no nexus to link it to my military service  no secondaries to claim its related too.

This just came up on me one day all of a sudden It was about 23 years out of the military.

Ohhhh okay. Now I understand. I’m sorry u are going  through this. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh it's under control now  with the injections I take each month  at least the VA provides them.

I think there's several other conditions they could link the A.O. too if a veteran comes down with something like this after his military service and was around the chemicals that can cause mean nasty diseases like Agent Orange. 

but so for if it's not on the Presumption List Were SOL.

• HadIt.com Elder

SeragentQ

I read some place that the DC CODE 7716 is generally rated higher than the DC CODE 7700

38 CFR 38 4.117

But you mention your symptoms don't correspond with the DC CODE 7716 And they went back to the 7700 code? if you were rated 10% that's way to low of a rated..you should have got a much higher rating that what you got   although I realize this was CUE so if your happy with the rating  then that's ok 

Edited by Buck52

Thanks Thadine-I forgot -your VSO was on the ball and got it corrected internally-no CUE claim was filed.

Wouldn't it be great if EVERY VSO was that sharp?

7 minutes ago, Berta said:

Thanks Thadine-I forgot -your VSO was on the ball and got it corrected internally-no CUE claim was filed.

Wouldn't it be great if EVERY VSO was that sharp?

Yes. I work in the Chief of Staff office at the VA in North Chicago - I tried to drop names and I really think doing so helped my case. Beside, he was tired of me bugging him.