Guess Sat. Morn Is Treating Me Bad

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Sorry to hear that Betrayed. That is really tough.

well if she hadnt been around I would of ate a bullet a long time ago. Thank god there is a gun lock on my pistol now and she has the key. It never had a lock before, last time I went to rubber room it got a lock put on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but there are always other ways

Betrayed;

I know a little about you from this forum. I am sorry for the problems you are having.

About a week ago my better half sat me down and had a talked with me about how much the VA has affected our lives in the last 2 1/2 years. What was said to me is that I have changed for the worse. I am more depressed then I have ever been. When I went to the VA I was on 2 different pills, I'm now on 12 different meds. My weight has dropped to wear I am skin and bones. I get sick on the medication everyday. I am a hyper person anyway and have had trouble sleeping since the military and my pills make me even more hyper.

Just the medication alone has changed me.

My doctor told me to go file for SSD, did not write it in my charts. You'll like this. My Doc says she never says this to vets, but she wanted me to go up on my service connection for PTSD. But she wrote " I told vet to apply for increase for PSTD, she needs the money". Now that should really help my case, NOT. Even though I have been through 2 rounds of PSTD classes and have been seeing a Social Worker and Pysch's every week for actually over 2 1/2 yrs for PTSD. The 15 min CP exam Doc put me down for SC for Panic Attacks and major depression. My Doc's at the VA added another pill when they read the report. My VA docs, I do believe mean well and I like my doctors but they are too busy to hear me and what the medications do to me.

So I started to wean myself off their medications. I am starting to feel the differences already. I am already starting to come down from being so hyper.

My relationship suffered because all I have been able to do is talk about the VA. All my attention went to them, I hear them, I taste them, I smell them constantly and I was never ever like this before. My doctors, God Bless them, I do not think they read my charts from the last time I saw them. My pills and program changes every month.

This is been my problem with the VA and myself and this alone was starting to kill me.

Another thing while I am venting is in the 2 1/2 years I have been going to the VA I have never been past a NP for my 3 failed back surgs. I have been to the pain clinic every 3 months but now its every 5 months and my NP had to take over my medication because the wait is to long for the pain clinic for refills.

Bottom line can the VA screw you up? You bet they can. Another reason I am taking myself off most my meds is they are watching my Kidneys now because of all the medication they have me on. Whats up with that?

I have no choice but to step back from the VA.

I have lost, lost and lost somemore since I have been in this system

and the only way I know how to fix me is to take control over my own body and the meds that help me which have been the same two medications I started out with before I even went to the VA.

Thank you for listening

God Bless you Betrayed

• HadIt.com Elder

Kris:

Sorry for you also. Sometimes what we need to do is to step back and head in a different direction. I wish you well.

There is really not a lot of magic in medicine unless you are seeing a witch doctor.