Rate this question

carlie

Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

My husband was awarded a purple heart his DD214 shows a CIB but he doesn't it being issued to him.

We have fought the VA about the PTSD but for some reason his records have a 6 month gap. They have denied him based of lack of military records which could prove his stressor? He is being seen by the VA and diagnosed with PTSD also he was in a testing/study group conducted by a local hospital and was diagnosed as having PTSD. He is currently 100% permanent no review, for other issues and put the PTSD on the back burner. He was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. What should we do about the PTSD claim. He just wants to drop it since he is already 100%. The VFW people want him to fight but he has early stage dementia and forgets a lot of things and doesn't have a lot of patient for people. The medical treatment has been outstanding they do every thing to make his life as good as it get. I have no complaints against the VA medical system.

Sam, Your case is a hard one to call.

This is just me, if they were taking care of all of my medical needs and compensating me at 100%, I would leave well enough alone.

However, having the CIB, his records do support a PTSD, service connected diagnosis and subsequent service connected rating. He could ask for a low percentage rating on the PTSD and probably get it through the rating process the first time out the gate.

The RO statistics will be bolstered and they won't be spending any more money on his care, 2 reasons to get-r-done by the VA.

Next!

"I wonder if the stress and anxiety created by medical and administrative mistreatment by the VA would qualify as a qualifying stressor for a PTSD diagnosis. Service connected naturally."

It's funny you should ask that.

My last counselor was hired and then fired by the VA.

Everything was going great until he wrote an opinion in my favor that included the VA 'lack of diagnosis and treatment' (abandonment by higher authorities, used as bait, witnessed multiple deaths and complete destruction, blasted by an enemy shell, left to die, cannon-fodder, fall guy, attempt on life twice, inservice issues) as a major PTSD stressor in my case.

That counselor's opinion was one of the records that the RO altered to facilitate another denial in my case.

A couple of months later they cancelled my outside PTSD counseling.

If they give me anymore problems in the near future I'm filing a tort claim through my new tort claim lawyer. Ken Carpenter does not do that.

sledge

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com

• HadIt.com Elder

Sam:

The VFW guys are right. From your post your husband should look into the PTSD rating and also Aid & Attendance. You should be entitled to more money in my opinion. $ 295 a month.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Jay,

The main problem in finding a good lawyer is having a good case, or not, in the first place.

Mine is a slam dunk.

I have reasonable insight into such matters because I know people who have the required education that enables them to be called attorney on their letterheads.

I would prefer to receive my earned benefits and then 'just fade away' but the pursuit of justice runs deep in my genes. I believe the VA has had enough time to get their act together and that the VA has no intention of doing us right.

To do so would disrupt the balance of our 'goodoleboy' system of government.

If the VA leaves me no other choice, I will take the VA to Federal Court and let the chips fall where they may.

At this point, it's probably just a simple matter of time before I file a tort claim, and not much time either.

sledge

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com

• HadIt.com Elder

Sledge

There is no justice in the VA system, only money if you can get it. If it is not going to net you or your spouse some money why bother?