Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

U.s. Health Care System Is 'dysfunctional Mess,' Prominent Federal Ethicist Says

Rate this topic

Jay et al.

I am glad that you are not turning this into a conservative versus liberal thing, especially since you started your reply with "no offense", (why is it that phrase is always followed by something some may consider offensive?) "but I'm guessing your opinions on this were shaped by conservative propaganda". Well, I do take offense. I am tired of people who want to cry conservative (or liberal) and when it is pointed out to them, say, you are turning this into a liberla versus conservative issue. I am tired of people who whine and cry about the government not controlling gas prices, or how they can't trust the government wanting the government they bad mouth to take care of them.

For yours and everyone elses information, there is no governmental agency or party that controls my thinking. As far as I am concerned, they are all equally wrong with what is wrong in our country. They have had a chacne to fix the system and nobody has stepped up to the plate. The only thing they (and apparantly some of you understand) is that money needs to be spent. Everyone wants something but nobody wants to pay for it.

In closing, I will say that there are a lot of people on this site that seem to want just that, something for nothing. Some spent a grand total of a year or less on active duty, never went to war, and espect compensation. Some of you have conveniently developed PTSD after years of working and now want to be totally disabled. I say this becasue I will never come back here.

YOU PEOPLE ARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE SYSTEM.

Tim

Vet and proud of it

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

That is the key to follow the money. When Big Pharma actually wrote the medicare part D law you know who is running the country. Some of the big lobby groups actually present their supporters in congress with bills they, the lobbyist, have written. The congressmen just sign off on it and collect their contribution. That is the definition of a house of prostitution.

"Some of you have conveniently developed PTSD after years of working and now want to be totally disabled."

Some of us are also combat veterans who could not get any help for our developing PTSD.

I worked until trying to work was a totally lost cause. Physically and mentally. During the Nam war I was treated for 'nerves' with prescribed medication.

Then my medical records somehow disappeared and the doctor at my next station stopped the treatment because he had no records to review.

That is interpreted as having been cured, by the VA.

Since the VA refused to consider the fact that 'nerves' was actually PTSD I sought treatment through the private sector. We thought that the treatment was having a positive effect until the VA contacted my insurance carrier and the insurance carrier decided to change my diagnosis to personality disorder on the advice of the VA shrink that wanted to put me in his lockdown ward.

Treatment stopped.

It took 14 years and a good lawyer to straighten out that mess.

I'm not a doctor but, I know a lousy doctor right off the bat.

I personally know what severe stressors can do to a soldier. I know that the amount of time it takes to develop PTSD is different for everybody.

Profiling PTSD claimants is the work of an uneducated mind.

Age, in and of itself, does not predict PTSD in VA claimants.

Events and circumstances that stimulate certain traumatic event memories are the culprits.

WORK and the business of raising a family can help dramatically to forestall the full blown establishment of the PTSD symptoms in many cases. Each case is different.

When the kids have moved out and work takes up less mental energy you become 'set-up' to adversely react to those stimulated traumatic memories.

That's called a normal mental reaction, not some bum looking for a handout.

So, no matter what your age or lack of or how long you served or where you served, if service connected PTSD hits you, 'you deserve' compensation and free treatment.

I understand that the VA does not agree with my opinion on this matter, among others, that's why we are here.

sledge

Edited by SLEDGE

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com

• HadIt.com Elder

Huskerfan:

You are welcome to come back anytime.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Does he mean Veterans that serve in the military, less than two yrs, in a NON-combat status, is not entitled to compensation or health care?

Is this TRUE?

If not, is someone mentally unbalanced to go around spreading false information, in order to discourage federal employees from seeking care & compensation?

Or is this some kind of personal vendetta of VA employees who force their "PERSONAL" beliefs as to how compensation SHOULD be dealt out, if they had "THEIR" way.

Every once in a while, some clown comes on here & tries to spread the beliefs of a fanatical cult, who believes, NO one who serves, deserves a damn thing. This group HATES the fact that any of us get one penny for their employment time in the military, no matter how long they serve.

I wonder what these losers do for a living? besides spread false propaganda!

• HadIt.com Elder

There is a basic problem with insurance in the US. Insurance company profits from policies need to be regulated in such a way that a reasonable profit incentive exists, yet is not excessive. Heavy regulation just increases costs.

No or little regulation allows price gouging in several ways.

Higher than reasonable premiums.

"Fine print" that reduces the insurance benefits the customer thinks that they are paying for.

Unreasonable low payment to providers that is much lower than standard insurance fee for service payment rates.