Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stage 1 Obesity

Rate this question

Charleese

Question

Hi everyone,

VA saids my husband has a hx (I assume hx means history), of Stage 1 Obesity, w/comorbid htn, djd, and depression. Can someone tell me what this means?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Charleese

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Hi everyone,

VA saids my husband has a hx (I assume hx means history), of Stage 1 Obesity, w/comorbid htn, djd, and depression. Can someone tell me what this means?

Thanks in advance.

Stage 1 Obesity is whe your Body Mass Index is between 30 and 34.9, w/comorbid htn pertains to a disease or other pathological process that occurs simultaneously with another in this case Hypertension, djd is Degenerative Joint Disease

Hi,

I don't quite understand what you are saying, but is this Body Mass Index that you quoted (between 30 and 34.9) good or bad with his Hypertension, DJD and depression.

Can you explain this to me in laymen's terms.

Thanks!

• HadIt.com Elder

The more weight a person has on them causes the heart to work harder to pump blood through the body. The Hypertension is the pressure in the Blood Vessels when the heart beats and at rest.

Systolic Pressure above 150 and diastolic above 100 is where it starts to get troublesome.

Degenerative Joint disease is effected because of the extra weight's effect on weight bearing joints including the Knees, Ankles, Hips, and spine.

Hi,

I don't quite understand what you are saying, but is this Body Mass Index that you quoted (between 30 and 34.9) good or bad with his Hypertension, DJD and depression.

Can you explain this to me in laymen's terms.

Thanks!

If you go to the website body index mass you can type in your weight,height and a age it will then calculate it for you and also tell you if your over weight, or obess. before my weight lost surgery my body index mass was 45, it has been 2 years now and my mass is now 27 which does not consider me over weight. Yes being over weight can also be bad for both hypertension,djd and drepression. I am a firm believer that once you have been diagnoissed with depression it will never go away but you can get it under control with proper medication and help. with weight loss you can get hypertension and djd also under control but it will also always be there.