Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Digital Camera

Berta

Bertha,

Beautiful dining room and I love your china!

I have to plug into my computer via USB to digital camera. I don't have a photo slot on my laptop, and it isn't that old...I just didin't think about it when I bought it. Also, my camera is old (just 2.0 mpg) but it gets the job done for most of my needs. (I'll update one day--maybe. LOL!)

Enjoy, that's what I like about the digital....instant fun!

Gwen

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest terrysturgis

My wife uses Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 to edit photos and I must say she kicks but with it. She took an old photo of my mother in some kind of uniform and used the software to fix up the blemishes to look like new. I will see if she can attach it to see if you know what the uniform is. I do know my mother was in nursing and married my dad during WWII. My Mom was born in Buffalo, NY.

Have fun with your new toy. Terry Sturgis

Well, the printer/scanner you have acts like the USB cord for the camera, thus eliminating the need for it. Also, most of the newer printer/scanners are very compatible with the newer cameras, thus eliminating the need for the camera software.

As for photo shop - You'll learn to love it (or other picture software). Some websites are very picky about how large the pic can be and what format it needs to be in (jpeg, bit, etc), and those software programs allow you to convert things. Also, you can do some really neat things with some of the pic software out there like set your pics to music via slideshows, crop people in and out of photos, change the background, etc. I'm sure you'll get the hang of all that stuff eventually; it's basically a trial and error thing:-)

Berta,

I use the USB cable for my camera. It's the third digital I've had. I'm too cheap to buy the printer! :huh: I've been working with digital for the last 5 years or so. I do a lot of my family photos, pets, wildlife and general fun stuff with mine. I used to have one with all the bells and whistles but realized I didn't need all that or didn't use half the features that came with camera. I use probably 3 different kinds of software. I have also done quite a few slideshows for family and some movies with pics a time or two. It's a lot of fun and you'll find it quite cool when you get used to it.