Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Quick Approval

Rate this topic

edtremblay

Hi just thought I'd tell you a good story I applied for AO related stage 4 lung cancer on 5/22/07 and as of 6?22?07 my rating in 100% for the primary lung cancer with 100% each for adrenal cancer and brain cancer wow 30 days no exam

US ARMY 1968-72

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW is RIGHT-

Ed I regret you have all of these conditions due to your service-

How did the VA add this all up- I mean straight 100% or did they also consider you for SMC-

(which they should have) as I assume the AO cancer metasized into other areas?and these are all direct AO 100%s-

or is it NSC 100% on adrenal and brain-

Did you ever apply and were denied in the past for the AO lung cancer?

I am always looking for Nehmer vets that VA snookered out of retro under the Nehmer Court Order. :angry:

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta I'm sorry pardon my lack of sophistication in this process but I don't know what smc or nsc mean grin but the lung cancer is the primary at 100% and then the Adrenal cancer is secondary caused by the lung cancer at 100% service connected and the same for the brain cancer hope that answers your question they gave me 2905.00 per month does that look right

US ARMY 1968-72

• HadIt.com Elder

Ed:

I am sorry how you got it but glad that the VA pushed it through for you. 2905 indicate a SMC and married and your wife should be eligible for DIC payments and ChampVA for life even after you pass on.

From you earlier posts it also seems that you have a good Service Officer.

You and your family will be in my prayers.Hopefully they will be able to give you good treatment at VA.

Pete

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Ed,

If it is just you and your wife, then you probably are being paid at the 'S' level. That is 100% + another 60% (at least) = $2,905. I really think the cfr 3.350 (f) award at level P4 should also be added for another level, but what is another level above 'S'? The (f) or, next higher rate allows a full rate...(4) Additional independent 100 percent rating to be added for disabilities from level 'L' to 'N', but 'S' is not between 'L' and 'N'!! I would request a next higher rate based on 3.350 (f) (4) just because the conditions are so extreme. At least ask for and 'L' which in actually is 1 full step up from the 'S'. I know that they don't recognize it that way, but you would deserve at least that.

IC/1 Navy, 100% Schedular + SMC, Shellback, Blue Nose, Crossed International Dateline and Prime Meridian.

II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."