Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Web Cam Advice

Berta

I see tha web cams at Amazon are all compatible with IMs etc-

does that mean they are compatible with any video podcasts too?

Do you have any problems with the SVR and your web cam Mike?

Looks like they just need the USB card ?

Thanks Mike-and others

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• In Memoriam

Berta,

Jerrel (host of SVR radio program), set up his web cam recently. He is using Skype (INTERNET telephone). I have been using Skype for a couple years now. I paid $14.00 for a years worth of service in the 2 years time. I call all over the country. If parts houses are closed on the east coast or Midwest, then I just call California or Hawaii for parts. The parts get here just as quick. (The reason I do this is because I forget what to order)

Logitech

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_c...s/&cl=us,en

If you get the newer Logitech web cam, then you can present yourself as a shark or inanimate character. Check it out. I like the shark. They move and talk when you move and talk in a vicarious presentation.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/489/863&...63&camera=0

These special effects are for certain Logitech web-cams. I think Jerrel, got the quick cam orbit, because he said that the lens follows him around the room with motors in the camera. The orbit is around 129.00 and uses special effects. I just got a cheepee for around 50.00 (Quick-Cam IM). The IM just clamps on the top of your monitor or sits in its cradle. IM has some special effects, but not the shark. There are no electrical adaptors, just USB plug. You can even get Logitech web-cams for about 29.00, but you get what you pay for.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_c...s/&cl=us,en

These Logitech webcams have an automatic set-up for Skype, Yahoo messenger, Windows messenger, Triton, or Logitech Video Call. Which ever ones you want. Price wise the IM is great. Some special effects are for more expensive models.

You can take single pictures or movies with any of these web-cams. They are all easy to use and easy to set-up, and the cams work with XP Windows Movie Maker. Software, to make the movies are also included with the Web-Cams. Yes, you can make Podcast with any of these Web-Cams.

Edited by Stretch

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

THANK YOU Mike-

this tells me what to buy as I did notice the logitech stuff has varied price ranges-one of the good ones allows you to see the video of yourself before anyone else does-when you do a podcast or something-

I dont have a real big need for one but will get one anyhow-

then again I didnt think I had need for a digital camera and then got one and went through many photos cards already-it is SO COOOOL to use.

Thanks for this advise-maybe I will get one at amazon today-

I ordered the Logitech Quickcam Fusion yesterday at about 3 PM at amazon one click and got it at 10 AM today-amazing-how they can get stuff up into the Alleheny mountains that fast

by UPS.

Maybe I will use it tomorrow-at SVR-

If I can manage to look absolutely stunning in 24 hours - yeah right----- :rolleyes:

• In Memoriam

Good think you didn't get the Logitech IM. I have found out that the special effects messes with my flash player that works on YouTube.

I had to reinstall without the special effects until there is an upgrade in newer version of Flash. I have the most current flash player already. I still have the basics of the Logitech webcam. I know that you will see that you have made a good decision.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity