Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fibromylgia

Rate this question

david walker

Question

My Va doctor has said I have chronic pain syndrome. He put in the report "fibromalgia ??". Just like that, he said he thought I might have it, due to all my back problems and wide spread pain, oh yeah he left that out of the report too. Can I fill a claim on what he did say? I have done some research and it sure sounds like me. But that all I have to back it up. I am sc for neck, back, arms, headaches. Anyone hav any suggstions?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Service connection may be established by demonstrating that the disability was first manifested during service and has continued since service to the present time or by showing that a disability which pre-existed service was aggravated during service. Service connection may be granted for any disease diagnosed after discharge from service, when all the evidence, including that pertinent to service, establishes that the disease was incurred in service.

It would also be wise to get a rheumatologist's opinion or at least an IME to connect the dots, A diagnosis of fibromyalgia, also known as fibrositis, is made by recognizing the clinical manifestations.

My Va doctor has said I have chronic pain syndrome. He put in the report "fibromalgia ??". Just like that, he said he thought I might have it, due to all my back problems and wide spread pain, oh yeah he left that out of the report too. Can I fill a claim on what he did say? I have done some research and it sure sounds like me. But that all I have to back it up. I am sc for neck, back, arms, headaches. Anyone hav any suggstions?

What I wrote was a little confusing, he wrote:

Patient suffers from chronic pain syndrome: fibromalgia ??".

All my pain started after neck surgery and my neck is SC for DDD.

Its like they have disected me to keep from giving a high rating and give me a bunch of small ones that are all connected.

David,

Where, geographically, was the surgery performed on your neck?

VA or private sector?

Have you had a post-op MRI?

sledge

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com

I have fiberoymalgia and yes it is pain,pain, and more pain. to correctly be diagnoissed you need to see a pain doctor, if I am not mistaken there are 18 pressure points to determine if you have fiberoymalgia. A regular medical doctor can suggest it is but should send you to a pain doctor for the diagnois, to make sure it is. It took two years before they finally diagnoised me. Otherwise they where treating me for artheritis. Artheritis is something that comes and goes, Fibroymalgia is constant pain, and you can not sleep. I would sit in the recliner and John would come home from work and try to kiss me and I was in so much pain I would be like a robot and not move and say do not touch me. For the fact of someone touching me hurts. If it is fibroymalgia, then the pain doctor can put you on the right medicine, till I was diagnoissed they had me on vicadion like it was candy and artheritis medicine and it did not help except for me to get hooked on the vicadion.