Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea Awarded

Rate this topic

chiefhouse00

Greetings

I received my brown envelope today and was rated 50% for Bronchial Asthma with Obstructive Sleep Apnea with an effective date of Feb 2004 and payment start date of 1 Nov 05 at overall 70%. I was rated at 60% prior to this increase. I requested my NOD be reviewed by a DRO. Thanks to all for this successful outcome. I have three other reopen claims pending review. Question: Will I get any back pay. Again, thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT Chief ---yes they will send you retro- if you gave them your bank routing number it might be there anyday-

Let us know if you think the retro isnt right-

I forget- are you unemployed? If so did I attach a TDIU form here for you some time back?

Great news!!!!!!!!!!! Berta

Chiefhouse:

Congrats on your claim. I agree with Berta.

Greetings

I was very happy that my sleep apnea appeal claim was approved. I was surprised that it was rated as an asthma/sleep apnea aliment versus two separate conditions and two ratings. Never the less, I'm very happy that it was approved. I'm currently still working...some good days and not-so-good days. I hope to here something soon on four other reopen claims: severe degenerative lower back problem, skin rash, sinus and neck problem. Thanks for your advice and support.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

;)

Greetings

I received my brown envelope today and was rated 50% for Bronchial Asthma with Obstructive Sleep Apnea with an effective date of Feb 2004 and payment start date of 1 Nov 05 at overall 70%. I was rated at 60% prior to this increase. I requested my NOD be reviewed by a DRO. Thanks to all for this successful outcome. I have three other reopen claims pending review. Question: Will I get any back pay. Again, thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

;)

Chief

Let me also add my congrats and add my two cents if you don’t mind. I believe you were hosed I also receive 50 percent for sleep apnea. If you use CPAP machine it is cut and dry and automatic 50 percent. So if you are using a CPAP you are getting the standard VA shaft. Not receiving pay for you asthma. I know I should not due this but I am going to assume you are retired military. If you are retired military under the Concurrent Receipt you will receive no back pay. I am also retired military and it took almost 1 year for my initial rating and of course I received no back pay. As a military retiree the longer it takes the VA to rate you the more money it saves the US government.

V/R

Jim

;)

Chief

Let me also add my congrats and add my two cents if you don’t mind. I believe you were hosed I also receive 50 percent for sleep apnea. If you use CPAP machine it is cut and dry and automatic 50 percent. So if you are using a CPAP you are getting the standard VA shaft. Not receiving pay for you asthma. I know I should not due this but I am going to assume you are retired military. If you are retired military under the Concurrent Receipt you will receive no back pay. I am also retired military and it took almost 1 year for my initial rating and of course I received no back pay. As a military retiree the longer it takes the VA to rate you the more money it saves the US government.

V/R

Jim

Greetings

Just one quick question or two: Should I leave it alone or request for two ratings...one for asthma 30% and 50% for Sleep Apnea. Will my current rating (Sleep Apnea) be reversed If I submit a NOD?

Best Regards

Chiefhouse