Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This The Norm

Rate this question

Jerry_O

Question

I called RO at St. Louis today to check on my C&P/Claim processing. I was told they have not recieved the medical portion back from Kansas City VA. I called the KC VA and they told me it has not been reviewed or signed by the MD. It has been 4 weels since I had my medical C&P. I had the C&P two weeks after having triple bypass surgery. And then the medical C&P was done by a PA. My mental was done by a PhD (Phys). I came off volunteer recall status in June 06 two months prior to my release date of Aug 06 because I did not take any leave while working mortuary affairs. I was on terminal leave and at the time filed for increase in PTSD and a heart attack and stint replace while on active duty Aug 05. Additionallty I was awarded DMII since I was in Vietnam in 68-69.

When it rains it pours. Found out my wife has milignant cancer in her breast. I don't know what the medical proceedure will be as yet.

My nerves are frayed and I'm 30% PTSD (which was awarded over 17 years ago). I'm just about ready to throw the pill box out the window and lock and load and see what kind of results I'll get then!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Jerryo,

You need to calm down if you do that they win big time. Sit down and take a breath and remind yourself that these things take time. I know it seems like they move in a snails pace but at least they do move.

Please don't lock and load!

Stillhere ( and with ya!)

• HadIt.com Elder

If things get bad have yourself admitted to the psychiatric unit. This is what it is for and will help your PTSD claim. People who have moderate PTSD don't admit themselves to the psychiatric ward for suicidal thoughts. I know you have a difficult situation but your wife needs you alive.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jerry:

You might try informing the VA about your wife and ask them to expedite your claim

You and your wife are in my prayers.

Pete

Guest jangrin

Jerry O,

You and your wife are both in our prayers. I have a friend that was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer and she just finished up with all the treatment and she has been cleared for any future care. They have not been able to find any traces of the cancer. Yes she will have to be checked every 3 months but the doctors are very optomistic. Don't get discouraged your wife needs you now more than ever. Just stick with each other and you'll both make it through this tough time, but together.

JerryO, give a call to the VAMC where you had the C&P and explain what is happening with your wife and also that this is well over a year that you have been waiting for the claim to be rated. You can call and talk to the patient advocate at the facility where you had the C&P exams, he/she can do a follow-up on your records and get them sent to the VARO where they belong.

Also, call the VARO and ask that one of the supervisors or one of the veteran service representatives calls you back, explain what is going on and see if they can't help to expedite things. Then finally, if you are in group or counseling with the VA doctor (shrink), tell him what is going on. It is not inconcievable for him to intercede on your behalf on up the "line" in getting things moving. I am firmly convinced that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

You need to be heard loud, clear and often. You can do this I just know you can. Remember, everyone here at Hadit is with you on this, and if you need someone just to scream at , well, were here for that too. Hang in there Jerry.

Jangrin

Jerry,

I know it is absolutely frustrating!!

Can you call the VA doctor, explain your situation, and see if you can get him to sign it and move things along. Maybe you can call someone at the VA center and get them to get the doctor to move on signing it - and get a copy for yourself - and send it to St. Louis.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Free

I called RO at St. Louis today to check on my C&P/Claim processing. I was told they have not recieved the medical portion back from Kansas City VA. I called the KC VA and they told me it has not been reviewed or signed by the MD. It has been 4 weels since I had my medical C&P. I had the C&P two weeks after having triple bypass surgery. And then the medical C&P was done by a PA. My mental was done by a PhD (Phys). I came off volunteer recall status in June 06 two months prior to my release date of Aug 06 because I did not take any leave while working mortuary affairs. I was on terminal leave and at the time filed for increase in PTSD and a heart attack and stint replace while on active duty Aug 05. Additionallty I was awarded DMII since I was in Vietnam in 68-69.

When it rains it pours. Found out my wife has milignant cancer in her breast. I don't know what the medical proceedure will be as yet.

My nerves are frayed and I'm 30% PTSD (which was awarded over 17 years ago). I'm just about ready to throw the pill box out the window and lock and load and see what kind of results I'll get then!

You all are so kind and concerned. It is very much appreciated. I'll not lock and load. It is hard to endure my own health maladies much less my wifes. Life is not fair and that's the way it goes. I'm fine - and thank you dear friends for your concern and prayers - espically for my dear wife Patricia.

I will act on yourt advice and contact my service officer and VA, et al. Thank you. You do know that we have to vent and rage and get angry without pulling the trigger every now and then.

Thanks Vets and Vetress's and Vethises's

Jerry O