Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Motion For Reconsideration Of Bva Decision

Rate this question

JSM754

Question

Hi,

The Reconsideration Board granted my Motion for Reconsideration. I am either lucky or I made one Hell of an Argument. Because from I have been reading this does not happen very often. I have until Monday to answer as to whether or not I have anything more to say. I have gotten this far, but what concerns me is the fact that the Reconsideration Review Panel found some kind of Error of Fact or Law. Their ruling does not state what Error of Fact or Law they found. Please someone help me determine exactly how to go forward.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The VA WANTS us to panic Veteran- and then get in to a state of mind that makes it impossible for us to even deal with our claims rationally-

I used to get into a state of frustration myself-

Dont waste your energy on panic---

http://www.vetapp.gov/

Go to the left and click on court case, then click on decisions , then put Reconsideration into the search feature-

I will try to find something there later today for you if I can- I am preparing for a battle-

there might be some crap hitting the fan today at my POA's office-regarding the negligent way they have handled my claims-

We are both NY claimant- I am at Buffalo- both these ROs are in a state of "panic"

in my opinion because vets are getting tired of the lousy way they handle our claims-

Calm down and try to access the CAVC- I will too for you if time allows today-

I DO UNDErstand how you feel- been there many times-

and then I took action BTW-who is representing you on this?

This might get you there faster:

http://search.vetapp.gov/search/

put Reconsideration into the search- 1719 claims will pop up-

90-89 Breslow might help show the way these things can go-

BVA granted Breslows Motion for Reconsideration, July 23,1990

then denied basis of the recon request.

A stay proceeding put this in limbo for a short time then BVA filed a Motion to dismiss the claim.

The vet had filed the NOA-Notice of appeal to CVA-

(COVA sa as CAVC now a days)

COVA overruled the BVA's motion to dismiss and meantime the BVA granted the vet 30% SC.

Dont know if all that will help you-

you must be prepared to find that the Reconsideration might bring a denial to you-

you will have full appeal rights at the CAVC.

But you must file the NOA there fast- the CAVC web site will tell you all you need to know as to how to do that-

Ask for a fee waiver-I think that form is there-years ago COVA didnt have a form but they almost always waiver the filing fees.

You will hear from lawyers if you put you name, address and phone number on the docket- as I might have mentioned _ I heard from 10 or 12 or maybe more-

This matter rests solely on what is in the file now-

You could succeed to get your benefits via the BVA reconsideration process-meaning this baby could fly!

But no one can predict what the BVA is doing about that.

And no one here can really comment on your chances as we would have to study the whole shibang-

The BVA will do that.They are doing it now I think.

Any vet with a BVA case might well review the CAVC web site in the event they need to file there.

It never hurts to be amply prepared for the next warfare maneuver in the paper battlefield of VA.

Edited by Berta

This might get you there faster:

http://search.vetapp.gov/search/

put Reconsideration into the search- 1719 claims will pop up-

90-89 Breslow might help show the way these things can go-

BVA granted Breslows Motion for Reconsideration, July 23,1990

then denied basis of the recon request.

A stay proceeding put this in limbo for a short time then BVA filed a Motion to dismiss the claim.

The vet had filed the NOA-Notice of appeal to CVA-

(COVA sa as CAVC now a days)

COVA overruled the BVA's motion to dismiss and meantime the BVA granted the vet 30% SC.

Dont know if all that will help you-

you must be prepared to find that the Reconsideration might bring a denial to you-

you will have full appeal rights at the CAVC.

But you must file the NOA there fast- the CAVC web site will tell you all you need to know as to how to do that-

Ask for a fee waiver-I think that form is there-years ago COVA didnt have a form but they almost always waiver the filing fees.

You will hear from lawyers if you put you name, address and phone number on the docket- as I might have mentioned _ I heard from 10 or 12 or maybe more-

This matter rests solely on what is in the file now-

You could succeed to get your benefits via the BVA reconsideration process-meaning this baby could fly!

But no one can predict what the BVA is doing about that.

And no one here can really comment on your chances as we would have to study the whole shibang-

The BVA will do that.They are doing it now I think.

Any vet with a BVA case might well review the CAVC web site in the event they need to file there.

It never hurts to be amply prepared for the next warfare maneuver in the paper battlefield of V

The VA WANTS us to panic Veteran- and then get in to a state of mind that makes it impossible for us to even deal with our claims rationally-

I used to get into a state of frustration myself-

Dont waste your energy on panic---

http://www.vetapp.gov/

Go to the left and click on court case, then click on decisions , then put Reconsideration into the search feature-

I will try to find something there later today for you if I can- I am preparing for a battle-

there might be some crap hitting the fan today at my POA's office-regarding the negligent way they have handled my claims-

We are both NY claimant- I am at Buffalo- both these ROs are in a state of "panic"

in my opinion because vets are getting tired of the lousy way they handle our claims-

Calm down and try to access the CAVC- I will too for you if time allows today-

I DO UNDErstand how you feel- been there many times-

and then I took action BTW-who is representing you on this?

Hi,

I first have to ask you what the Heck does "BTW" mean.???? Please explain. As it turns out, my Issue went before the Expanded Panel on 16 July. I can only hope and wait. But, here is something for you to consider and to tell me what you think:

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi,

I first have to ask you what the Heck does "BTW" mean.????

JSM754,

I think that it means:

By the Way.

Good Luck with you Reconsideration!

Josephine

Hi,

I first have to ask you what the Heck does "BTW" mean.????

JSM754,

I think that it means:

By the Way.

Good Luck with you Reconsideration!

Josephine

Hi,

Thank-You for the meaning, boy do I feel Stupid :rolleyes: . I just want to throw this out to you

asking that you give it some thought and tell me what you think: