Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Weird Question

Rate this question

Berta

Question

How can a vet continue to file papers at the CAVC if they are dead?

Even if they have an attorney on the CAVC case why would an attorney file papers on behalf of the veteran -if they have been dead for a year and the case is still active ---awaiting a response from the appellant?

The CAVC granted an extention of time to the appellant 3 months after he died and a week ago- CAVC stayed the proceedings at the court so that the appellant could correct some papers he filed with the court-----about 8 months after he died.

Nothing in the case docket indicates the CAVC knows he died.

Wouldnt the lawyer know? (maybe they werent told)

;)

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

"Or the vet could have been a democrat!

Being dead doesnt stop them from voting, why should it stop them from VA benefits."

J/K

Posting of political or bashing is not condoned here at Hadit.

JBASSER

Because everyone knows the VA is not political.

And you know what they say when you can't take a joke.

AFRet

• HadIt.com Elder

The problem is when you make a political jab someone else responds and after a little of that the original post is lost and we are headed to a flame war. So drop it and move on. Lets worry about Berta's original question and cut the politics.

The VA has not treated Veterans all that well no matter who has been in charge.

well put Pete-

I contacted the VA in DC about this matter early this AM after I read some other stuff from the VA.

Looks like it could be some sort of fraud that VA should know of.

Edited by Berta

• In Memoriam

This was something that needed to be said and not side tracked with political rhetoric of new members who don't know better. Disabled Veterans can be prey for scams unawares. The problem, as a victim, can only lead the Veteran to be less social and increase his mental illness. I suspect that some Veterans deaths would be pressured by scam artist.

This SCAM problem also puts a burden on widows of dying and diseased Veterans. This is not a joke.

I don't know what the answer is to this. It is a congressional problem.

---------------------------------

Newer Zelots, of current wars, put the burden on Veterans overall, using maimed War Military bodies in such a way that it promotes fraud. These Crusaders don't need to separate Veterans on issues. These Crusaders need to go to the hospitals and spend a little time with real-time disabled recovering and dying Veterans.

I think maybe I need to go down to the VA hospital, to visit these dying men if possible, and see that there are warriors from all the wars together. I have been so depressed that I would not want to add negativity or tax the dying Vet so I would just have to keep my mouth shut and be there.

My comments are not meant to denigrate anyone. As Veterans we are all in a learning process.