• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

saltydawg,

I will see if I can help you. You are service connected for the ringing in the ears and hearing loss.

Do you have the hearing loss and ringing in the ear just in one ear or in both.

How does and what test did your doctor do to know that your Meniere is coming only from the left ear?

What and how often do you have the vertigo and associated nausea and etc that goes alone with the Meniere?

Did you doctor prescribe any medication for the Meniere?

I have tons of questions and I am sorry, but I am one of the few on this board that does have " Inner Ear", Vestibular Brain stem damage and Meniere. I have lived with it now for 13 years, so I have become somewhat the expert.

I have lived with it for soo long!

Unless you have this illness, it is very difficult to wear the others shoes.

Do let me hear from you and we will see which way it is best way to proceed.

Always,

Josephine

tinnitus and hearing in both ears.doc done all test it was ecog that tested my left ear shows meners.doc put me low salt diet and water pills.i have vertigo a few times a year.oh my tinntus rings 24/7.i think the doc did'nt put me on pills for vertigo is i'm already on alprazolam for anxiety.

Saltydawg,

I also have tinnitus in both ears and also hearing loss. I had my hearing tested by my audiologist and he stated that it was from my military occupation as a boilerman and engineman. I also had my hearing tested by QTC the contractor that provides medical exam for the VA. They also stated that I had a hearing loss. I am waiting for the VA to determine my claim now that the results have been submitted to them. I know how you feel with ringing in the ears 24/7.

68mustang

• HadIt.com Elder

tinnitus and hearing in both ears.doc done all test it was ecog that tested my left ear shows meners.doc put me low salt diet and water pills.i have vertigo a few times a year.oh my tinntus rings 24/7.i think the doc did'nt put me on pills for vertigo is i'm already on alprazolam for anxiety.

You ask me about service connection for the vertigo?

Vertigo a few times a year, doesn't sound like it is effecting you too much. Please don't be offended.

The ringing in the ears would drive me crazy.

Why are you on " Anxiety" Medication. Is this anxiety due to your service connected illness?

There may be a door opened there.

Josephine