Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hadit Rules

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This is a moderated forum with rules please adhere to them or it will necessitate the deletion of your account. Anything a Moderator find to be erroneous is subject to review and deletion.

Everyone won't agree on many things, but the one thing we should agree on is that we are here so that no brother or sister veteran gets left behind, not on a jungle trail, not on a desert trail and not on a paper trail." Tbird

The biggest component of HadIt.com to help veterans is our very active discussion forum. Over 1000 registered users, with an average of about 100 posts per day. Please note that the discussion forum is made up of veterans just like you, they come to HadIt.com and its discussion forum from all over the world. Some come to ask questions, some come to help do research for other vets, some to answer questions, others come for the sense of community that HadIt.com provides and still others come just to provide an ear and shoulder to those veterans who have become weary.

There are some folks who for whatever reason sign on to discussion forums to cause disruption we discourage this by requiring a valid ISP email address when you register. However, we still have this problem the best advice is ignore them; they want a fight, a response, don't give it to them.

HadIt.com's discussion forum is "User Friendly" as long as posters do not cause division. We are not into censorship. We simply need to set forth some guidelines. These are aimed at maintaining harmony on the Web Forum. In the past we have only had a couple of incidents where someone was asked to leave the Discussion Group. When one person disrupts many then we feel it's time to take action.

No vulgar language

No offensive verbal assaults

No sexual connotations

Remember that most that come to our discussion forum have been wounded in one way or another. Be kind to each other, if angered take a day to respond. Personal attacks are not what we are about; we are about helping our brother and sister veterans.

We reserve the right to remove any posts or member at any time.

This is a NOT a secure website Do Not post private information such as name, addresses, phone numbers or social security numbers, etc.

If you want provide the information below:

Any other claims that have been awarded, can affect the handling of this claim, so if you can, provide as much information as possible about your current VA status. If you know the Disability Codes (DCs), then give those also. You can find them in 38CFR Chap 1, Part 4. if the VA did not/will not provide them.

This is NOT a secure web site, so if you do not wish to provide this information, we understand, and will help as much as possible in general terms. You can get most of the information for yourself, by researching the many links on this site.

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this hadit.com Veteran to Veteran LLC. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise is a violation of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board. Advertising on this site does not constituent endorsement of any advertisement by hadit.com Veteran to Veteran LLC, unless stated otherwise.

We reserve the right to remove any posts or member at any time.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well put and also good to have reminders Pete-

also- some of us do not open our emails and PMs-

but there are many here who will gladly answer your questions by email-

we arent anti social- just overwhelmed-

A public comment or advise on one claim can reach many others as guests who might need the same answer- another good reason to use the forum instead of one to one emails sometimes-

Some of us are getting burned out- it happens in this type of advocacy-

three local reps I know- who actually get paid real money to so this type work with vet org benefits etc- are quitting due to burn out.

One- a good friend of mine- stated the main reason for his burn out is having appointments with vets who have no real good basis for a claim or come unprepared to even determine what a service nexus could be.

We dont see much of that here fortunately-

Also he has given the best advise he can to many vets who only hear what they want and will not take the steps to try to find buddy statements or even access their own medical records-

He would love to have a search button like we have here for the countless questions that need answers to but become repetitive-

and unlike us -he cannot decide to withdraw from anyone who isnt heeding his advise-

he is paid to file every claim and do best he can to support it.

I will be off line here a lot myself soon-will be back when I can be-I am starting school again soon and

have other veterans issues ,not involved with hadit-that require time and attention-

We all need reminders Pete- I have really bitten my tongue and keystrokes a few times lately-at a few remarks here- but I can use the ignore button and save myself those problems.

well said- I hope all read this. Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

I know that it is very difficult for those on the site day and day out who have complete knowledge of the workings of the VA on how to file a claim and what Nexus is, but there are so many out there who do have valid claims, they just don't know what they are looking for.

When you have been dealing with the VA for about 10 years then you become an expert.

Many don't know how to secure buddy statements and sure don't know what to look for when they do receive their medical records.

I am pleased to be a member of Hadit and I do my best to help others, if nothing else by holding their hand.

My knowledge of the VA is very limited. Maybe in about another 10 years, I can site the regulations etc. Until then I will do my best to follow all the rules by Hadit.

Thanks again, Pete,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine:

I think that support is just as important as knowledge. No one on Hadit is the expert although you can learn that some who post here are knowledgeable and can help walk people through with their claims. Anything that is not written in stone and verifiable by CFR should be looked at carefully.

One of the hardest things for any Veteran to learn is that the claim is theirs and their responsibility

and only theirs. So when I give my opinion or advice or anyone else tell's you something that you may consider using please check it out with other sources.

I do think that when a person asks a question on Hadit that they have a good chance of getting some info back that will help their claim.

I have almost 16 years of dealing with the VA and there is plenty that I don't know but I also feel that I know someone here will have the answer and if someone posts bad info it is usually corrected pretty quickly.

Thanks you for your post and thank you also Berta.

Thanks Pete,

I hope that I have gotten a little better in the last few days at not posting any controversial content in the wrong forum!

Don't pull the plug on me yet. This is the best place I have seen where Vets help Vets and we can keep others, hopefully, from having to get even more traumatized by cutting through the red tape maze.

Johnny K.

Ummm, I always prefered this forum over another that does have so called "experts" (and most of them are moderators). If a veterans opinion is not pro VA your posts are locked or banned. There is seldom a day goes by that a thread on that site is not locked, simply because many vet's have poor opinions of the VA. Duh.

I was surprized to see long time "members" of Hadit now had "moderator" titles after a computer meltdown kept me offline for several months. I was very surprized when a thread here at Hadit was locked because the discussion between some long time members (myself included) over what USC said and meant became quite a debate. These discussions had always been resolved or abandoned by the members involved with no ill feelings towards each other (except maybe some frustration). That one was locked which discurages this type of debate. Unfortunatley, I believe more is learned during a lively debate because the subject is more fully covered. Even if the members involved do not come to an agreement. Here on Hadit, these have always been ended peacefully by the participants except in the case of the occasional newer member.

This is not criticism. Just an observation from someone that that was not present at the time of the change. Hadit isn't the same. Debated discussions seem to keep poeple interested in learning.

I have not and will not complain of a moderators decision. There are obvious rules (The rules listed are all good rules) all members need to abide by and locking posts or banning rowdy members is necissary and welcome. Please just keep this in mind.

JC