• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Imo "is" Being Rejected?

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Why IMO "is" being rejected?

I had a new PCP assigned recently.

According to my records, a pain level of "1" was entered without asking me what level I was experiencing.

"No pain" was also entered, and the Dr stated, "sustained action opoid medication no longer needed".

He said I would have to get "all" my pain meds from the local Dr from now on & pay for it myself. He commented verbally, that's what happens when you go "outside" the VA for medical opinions & pain medication.

He than accused me of trying to double up on two completely different pain prescrptions, in the same month, by going through two different Dr's at the same time.

He accused me of not notifying the VA I was receiving a VA banned medication,(oxycontin/long lasting_20mg),

and failing to sign a, "release of information" form for my private Dr to get copies of my records & prescriptions. When I told him I keep an up to date hard copy of all my VA med records & faxed what was requested to the private Dr.

His reply was, "vets can alter records to say anything". (Does that sound familiar?) According to him, only VA can send VA medical records to my private Dr.

He states, "thats the only way VA can be sure the records the Dr receives are authentic".

Medical records by this new PCP also state, "patient does not have hypertension or diabetes as previously diagnosed." No medical bases or explanation was given.

The Dr also stated, "patient has no voiding problems and no bowel problems." Than he declined to fill a prescription for guards and said, "the Dr that diagnosed me with MS didn't even examine me."

My voiding problems are currently rated 20%SC for residuals of an inservice testicular mass, epididimitis/orchitis/orchalgia. This has been in effect for over 10 yrs.

He states,"occasional nausea" & refilled the 24X7 prescriptions for meclizine & ducosate.

He also asked if I paid for the IMO, or did the VA. He didn't like it when I said I did.

Betty fought with them for over a week trying to get them to pay for it, but finally gave up & paid for the slow release & the breakthrough pain med herself.

When I left the clinic, I knew I wasn't going back untill I get some medication that will keep me out of jail.

I called mental health at the VA, they said I couldn't get an appointment until I speak with my PCP for a referal.

So I ended up calling the patient advocate & requested a change of Dr's form.

These boneheads have been treating me for MS & chronic pain, since 94' & I've had a solid diagnoses since 2005.

Not sure what their trying to pull, but I bet none of it is legal.

Pure harrassment.

Thanks for alowing me to post this update.

Allan

PS....has the VA stopped treating vets diagnosed with multiple sclerosis by an IMO?

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would file a complaint with the OIG yesterday. This is intimidation and bad medicine at same time.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello Pete,

I havn't slept much since I completely lost control at the clinic appointment.

Im not sure what I should do. Betty & the girls want me to let it slide and beg this guy for help.

Im way to angry for that. If I let it go, every vet in north central Washington will be stuck with this jerk.

He didn't even act like a Doctor. He acted more like a Nicholson bean counter.

It was easy to see, that he was already used to treating others this way.

What is the OIG?

Allan- do you mean he is knocking an MS opinion and diagnosis from my honey? Dr. Bash-?

If so email me -do you still have my email addy?

I have something that can put this guy's underwear in a knot-

and I agree that contacting the OIG is in order too-

http://www.va.gov/oig/contacts/hotline.asp

I have an idea that might work without calling the IG- but then again- you might want to anyhow.

I will open my PM doo dad for you-

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• In Memoriam

Allen,

I was very curious about what was going on with you. After reading what you have written, I am disgusted with the VA.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• HadIt.com Elder

Allen,

I am concerned as to how these VA doctors are getting by with making false statements about you and placing them into your records.

When they go into the records they are treated as the gospel. No one in the VA sysem will believe that their doctors are doing this.

They are doing it for I am a victim also of falsifying my medical records.

If it is fraud for me to do this. Why isn't it fraud for them as well.

Wish you well,

Josephine