Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Autherization

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

O.K. The first of June my brother was called by his VA REP in Milwaukee, that they have gave him 100% P&T it is not the middle of Aug and still has not recieved his Reto, Everytime we call they say that it needs Autherization. How long does this usually take for Autherization? Its been two Months now. Do we need to call someone else besides the 800# and get Milwaukee?

Thanks JohnM's Wife Dianne

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

There are many members better qualified to answer your question since I have been onboard for less than a month, BUT I will offer this. I read in one of the VA publications

that awards over a certain amount (possibly $26K ?) require an additional authorization by a higher level official. I'm sure there might be other legitimate reasons for the delay you cited.

I'm confident someone with a higher level of expertise will provide a better answer.

Good luck!

• HadIt.com Elder

Awards at 25000 require 2 signatures.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.