Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please Tell Me What You All Think

Rate this question

Sgt eve

Question

Hi, I was wondering what everyone thought of REGISTERED CHILD sex offenders getting the same treatment (compensation, meds, healthcare, etc...)as those of us who are not.....well to put it lighlty......a disgusting scum of the earth piece of S#&@ that deserves to burn in hell forever type person:angry: Thank you for your input.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hard to say. Yep they all should be dead. One of them molested my 8 year old granddaughter who now lives we me. We could only get him 20 years of which he only has to serve 7.

However, this country provides protection to all citizens and I guess we have to abide by the law. Maybe in 7 years from now I will be close enough to death to impose a new sentence on him when he gets out. He sure messed up my little angel's mind and life.

I think they should lose their VA benefits. Yes, they earned them if they were discharged under honorable conditions, but once you become a convicted felon a person should not get those benefits anymore. I think this should be the case for all felons and especially sexual predators. If they choose to be a crimminal, they choose to lose their benefits.

Here's the problem with the current laws and why I disagree with everyone here (and I HATE to do so):

As the laws are written now, ANYONE who has sex with a "minor" has to register as a "sex offender". So, let's say you're 18 year old son has been dating a girl for 2 years, but he turned 18 6 months before his girlfriend did.....if they have sex the boy could spend years in jail and have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

Another lesser example (but a bad one none-the-less): Let's say a 28yr old has consensual sex with a 15 year old........although this is still a bad thing to do and there should be repercussions, is it the same as a 40 yr old having sex with an 8 yr old?

These screwed up black/white laws are what makes it SOOOOO difficult for women to prosecute rape, because most of our rape laws fall under one category and many "rapes" are different and the laws governing them should compensate for it. Instead, we have to keep the rape penalties fairly low, because we cannot send someone to jail for 20 years because they had consensual sex with their girlfriend, but it's still ,"technically" rape in the law's eyes.

There are even states where two kids of equal age having consensual sex can be charged with rape because "ANY sex under 18 is illegal and considered to be statutory rape".

With that said, my aunt's husband (complete loser) was caught molesting my 1st cousin's kid (the girl was 6 I believe) and when the guy was caught he committed suicide before he could be charged. Regardless, he got a full veteran's burial due to prior service and a disability. Those types of guys have NO business getting treatment reserved for those who served honorably (both while in service and later in life).

So, what we really need to do is change our laws to reflect TRUE pedophiles that prey on young kids....I don't know about you folks, but most 14 yr old girls look just like 25 yr old girls these days and I think there's a completely different type of crime/thought process involved between consensual sex with a 15 yr old and consensual sex with a 7 year old.

I was "sexually active" at 14 with my 14 year old girlfriend (whom I had been dating for 2 years)....in some areas that would make me a rapist and sexual predator; does that sound right?

So when you hear the term "registered sex offender" keep the aforementioned in mind........the only people who should have to "register" as sex offenders should be those who rape (unconsensual) ANYONE of any age and those who have any sort of sexual contact with kids below the age of 10. There should be some grey area between 10 and 13, but, after that, any consenual sex should be handled differently than "normal" rape cases......

Edited by Jay Johnson

The just "turned" eighteen year old and the almost seventeen year old are one thing, but a 28 and 15 year old...man that's just wrong, they have nothing in common, but the guy wanting sex and the CHILD wanting validation.

I'm outraged that registered sex offenders can get ED drugs from the VA, so that they can offend again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for taking away benies, then they would have to take away anyone that has a felony or class I misdomenor (including DUI) and boy that would sure save the VA mucho big bucks :rolleyes:

But, I don't see it happening, unless we get died in the wool fundelmentelist in office.. B)

but a 28 and 15 year old...man that's just wrong, they have nothing in common, but the guy wanting sex and the CHILD wanting validation.

Agreed, but should someone do 20 years in prison if some 15 year old girl comes on to him and he's to stupid/ignorant to say no? The law says he should, which is why we can't convict anyone of rape in this country!

I find it a bit hypocritical of americans, in general, to get sooo offended when an older guy finds some teenager attractive, yet the standard of beauty in this country is that of a 16 year old....think about it, what does the average model look like? Thin, not a single wrinkle on her body, perky breasts/butt and porcelain skin....you've just described 99% of girls aged 14-18! In essence, the standard of beauty in this country is modeled around teenagers, yet we freak out when we hear that someone actually had relations with a minor.

With that said, it is still WRONG for adults to prey on young girls who are not mature enough to make those decisions on an adult level.....however, it is a far cry from a true pedophile who is attracted to very young kids. Pedophilia is a disease of the mind, which is typically brought on by childhood experiences (IE - those who were molested tend to be molesters).

So, it may still be wrong, as you say, but it does not rise to the level of a crime that should deny veterans the benefits/recognition they deserve......at least in my opinion....