Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

My husband was notifyed today from SS that he was turned down again. This is round 2. He really gets so tired of fighting, as I'm sure everyone does, but I guess we'll move on to round 3. You would think a note from a cardiologist would be worth the paper it's written on, but I guess not...

sbrewer

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am sorry but if it helps Social Security is pretty hard on heart conditions. Go to round 3 and we will pray for a better outcome.

Pete

PS One good thing is that you are at a level where the Judge can give more back pay if given a good reason to go further back on retro.

Guest Dataman

Most win at ALJ hearing. About 2 years from now. Appeal and hire a Lawyer. Do some research on local one. I also got turned down twice. Took 23 months from start to finish. ALJ Judge could not figure out why I was in court of something that should have been approved lower down.

see

www.severe.net

Grid (or auto grid).

This is what said NO. Age I bet. Or Education.

Tell him to Hang in there! Don't stress. He will win!

Thanks guys

He not only has severe coronary artery disease, but is 100% TDIU schedular through the VA for depression. He is medically retired from the VA hospital where one of there own Pych's said he was unable to work. He has diabetes(controled with meds), he has neurapathy and an ongoing toe pain that requires codeine or lyrica and a tens unit and after the lyrica he is knocked out for hours. All the heart meds alone cause drowsiness and SS says " Even though he can not do the job he was doing, he can still work". Oh by the way, he was a computer manager, so we don't understand what they say he can now do. Along with the toe pain, drowsiness from drugs, and shortness of breath from the heart disease, he also has consentration problems from the depression....

thanks,

sbrewer

• HadIt.com Elder

while he may qualify to be a security monitor there are no jobs available within a reasonable driving distance, and with his depression Wal Mart doesn't want him throwing carts at the customers so door greeter is out with his being awarded TDIU it's just a matter of getting the lawyer and waiting his turn yes the lawyer will get 25% or a max of 5300.00 but 5300.00 of a few years back pay is well worth when you compare it to 100% of nothing and the lawyer deals with all the paperwork just find a lawyer you like and knows what they are doing with SSD cases but it doesn;t take Perry mason for these

Thanks everyone...

He is 70% for depression, paid at the 100% level with no future exams, and I get champva and all the other benefits.

Also, he has never been scheduled from SS for any kind of exam what so ever. Is this normal?

thanks,

sbrewer