VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Narcotic Pain Meds Issued By Va

Rate this topic

I did get the meds today via overnight fedex. you can bet i'm calling in for the refill 2 weeks ahead of time, i'm not taking the Nurse's word that the prescription will be put in automatically. In fact, when i talked to the administartive assistant in the chief of pharmacy about this "new" no more calling in for refills, she said she had NOT heard of this. Makes you wonder!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't care what you do the VA will find a way around it. I only take painkillers and xanax issued by VA so if there is a problem its on them.

You can do without some meds for a few days, but narcotic pain killer meds carries withdrawal which is NOT pleasant. I really feel the VA is doing this to save money and the Orders come from way above the VAMC!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GO THREW THIS CRAP EVERY MONTH WITH MY PAIN MEDS. MY HEART MEDS, THEY ALWAYS COME ON TIME, BUT WHATS A LITTLE SUFFERING NO BIG DEAL TO THE VA PAIN WONT KILL ME.

I NOW HAVE A CASE MANAGER FROM MENTAL HEALTH ASSIGNED TO ME, HE IS A SOCIAL WORKER. HIS MAIN FUNCTION IS TO ASSIST ME WITH ANY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH THE ADMINISTRATION IN THE VAMC. HE PERSONALLY HAD TO GET INVOLVED THE LAST TWO MONTHS FOR GETTING ME MY PAIN MEDS ON TIME. HE IS WORKING ON GETTING SOME CORRECTIONS MADE IN MY RECORD.