Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vscm

Rate this question

carlie

Question

Is it possible for a vet to set up a meeting with the Veterans Service Center Manager, to go over a claim denied by DRO ?

What would be the required procedure for this ?

Thanks to all,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Carlie

I have been wondering the same thing. On the bottom of the from 9 for an appeal it says.

HEARINGS BEFORE VA REGIONAL OFFICE PERSONNEL: A hearing before VA regional office personnel, instead of before a member of the BVA, is not a BVA hearing. You can request a hearing before VA regional office personnel by writing directly to the regional office...

I wrote to tem but I just got the DRO info in the mail. When I called asnd asked about the hearing they reffered me back to the form 9 for teh BVA. I think I am going to have camp out in the VARO to get things straighten out.

SE

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie and SE,

What makes you think that seeing the SCM will give you any better results than the DRO. He/she is the person who sets the tone for the local ROs/DROs, and if they are tough, it is because the SCM wants it that way.

The SCM is usually one of the DROs also, unless it is one of the bigger Regional Offices. In Manila, it is because of the SCM, that things have gotten much tougher, and he enjoys either running hearings, or just attending them.

On one of the earliest he did after getting here, he went out of his way to tell the veteran that he specialized in knocking down PTSD claims, and that was why he was sent here. He was also the first one that I know of, who went the denial route, by calling a CUE on the VARO itself. In the last year, he has succeeded with three veterans, out of the small number that I know personally.

Fight the VA as if they are the enemy; for they are!

Erin go Bragh

Mr. Walter,

I just keep working on the DREAM that one day, someone at VA will

actually take time to read and comprehend the evidence and dates of such.

Carlie and SE,

What makes you think that seeing the SCM will give you any better results than the DRO. He/she is the person who sets the tone for the local ROs/DROs, and if they are tough, it is because the SCM wants it that way.

The SCM is usually one of the DROs also, unless it is one of the bigger Regional Offices. In Manila, it is because of the SCM, that things have gotten much tougher, and he enjoys either running hearings, or just attending them.

On one of the earliest he did after getting here, he went out of his way to tell the veteran that he specialized in knocking down PTSD claims, and that was why he was sent here. He was also the first one that I know of, who went the denial route, by calling a CUE on the VARO itself. In the last year, he has succeeded with three veterans, out of the small number that I know personally.

Walter, the guy is still human. He may have been sent to do a spacific job but in the END a vet will win. The Cvac can really clean this guys plate. Evidence and condition and medical opinion will over rule. I know a VSCM chump like the one you have mentioned. He is a scare tatic the VA is using. Is it still pretty corrupt over there? I know it used to be.I would be reluctant to take a job in Manila unless I were a Philippino.

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie

I was denied in a DRO Review. I then asked for a hearing with the DRO and I got the hearing. I think is well worth while to ask to see the DRO in person and present your case.

Carlie

I was denied in a DRO Review. I then asked for a hearing with the DRO and I got the hearing. I think is well worth while to ask to see the DRO in person and present your case.

John,

During the DRO process - did you have a hearing with the DRO ?

Then what ? You received your denial, and got another hearing ?

Thanks,

carlie