VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2007 Vbm In Mail To Advocates

Rate this question

Berta

Question

The new VBM just arrived-

I am too busy to look it over but opened to a statement that I think is overlooked by many veterans.

Page 372-

Special Monthly Compensation due To CUE.

As you all know I have CUE claims filed on SMC-lack pf consideration in 2 final VA decisions.

NVLSP explains it better than I think I did here-

They cite Marlowe V Brown in which the veteran -at time of a 1948 BVA decision, could not speak nor read and also had epiletic convulsions- all service connected---- as well as

complete SC paralysis of right side.

The veteran in the 1948 decision was awarded SMC "M"- a high level of SMC.

However in 1989 the vet questioned this final BVA award with a CUE claim which denied by the BVA, went to the court.

The court agreed and reversed the BVA denial- the veteran was awarded under this CUE retro SMC to the 1114 38 USC "O" Level- from 1948 to the date of the court decision- ( in 1993 I believe-)

A veterans should NOD or CUE -if the decision is final- any decision that does not properly consider them for SMC based on medical evidence that warrants either the "s" award 100% plus 60% or higher levels of SMC.

If Marlowe is still alive today- and has no dependents- his SC comp including this SMC award is

$4,313 a month (vet with no dependents at "0" SMC)

Had he not Cued this successfully his comp would be $3,392 a month for the "M" award.

VBM-the established advocate cost is 104.00 for the 2007 edition plus tax and shipping from Lexis Nexis -I dont know what the VBM costs for others-

Edited by Berta

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question