Aid And Attendance

Rate this question

windy city

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

One main differnce is that R-1 is about 900 bucks more in monthly comp.

R-1 is a Special A & A benefit that requires:

1. the veteran to be in recipt of a rate equal to the SMC "0" award.(38 USC 1114 "O")

2.the veteran also meets the requirements of regular A & A under 38 CFR 3.352 (a)

So basically the veteran must meet-by medical evidence both the "0" award criteria and the "L" criteria -

R-2 kicks in when the veteran additionally meets requirements for higher levels of SMC-this higher criteria is found within 38 CFR 3.352 (:rolleyes: (2)

R-2 also involves the needed services of a health care professional on a daily basis such as placement of indwelling catheters, changing of sterile dressings , etc.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

One main differnce is that R-1 is about 900 bucks more in monthly comp.

R-1 is a Special A & A benefit that requires:

1. the veteran to be in recipt of a rate equal to the SMC "0" award.(38 USC 1114 "O")

2.the veteran also meets the requirements of regular A & A under 38 CFR 3.352 (a)

So basically the veteran must meet-by medical evidence both the "0" award criteria and the "L" criteria -

R-2 kicks in when the veteran additionally meets requirements for higher levels of SMC-this higher criteria is found within 38 CFR 3.352 (:rolleyes: (2)

R-2 also involves the needed services of a health care professional on a daily basis such as placement of indwelling catheters, changing of sterile dressings , etc.

so is you get two L that puts you at the R1 level and if you need health care services that puts you in the R2 levl of a&a. does a vet get the rate that is on the pay chart or it is different.

• HadIt.com Elder

I just received my notice from the Waco VARO that my DRO Hearing is scheduled for Oct 12, 2007 at 8:45 AM and I am supposed to check in 1 hour before the Hearing and that they have scheduled several hearings cause many Veterans do not show up.

My Appeal is for the proper effective date because the VARO did not consider A&A when I was granted 100% P&T for Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia which the VA should have considered when it granted the Award in 1996.

I have had several crashes on my computer and some of the evidence I had bookmarked is lost and I have to start all over but at least I have a month to get ready.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I just received my notice from the Waco VARO that my DRO Hearing is scheduled for Oct 12, 2007 at 8:45 AM and I am supposed to check in 1 hour before the Hearing and that they have scheduled several hearings cause many Veterans do not show up.

My Appeal is for the proper effective date because the VARO did not consider A&A when I was granted 100% P&T for Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia which the VA should have considered when it granted the Award in 1996.

I have had several crashes on my computer and some of the evidence I had bookmarked is lost and I have to start all over but at least I have a month to get ready.

You got A&A for panic disorder and agoraphobia?