Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Insurance

Rate this question

red

Question

I was awarded tdiu in 1999 and t&p 2 years later. I have had a va disability since 1963. My question is, is it past the time for me to get the insurance that was possible after I received t&p. I did not know that I could apply for it after a new disability. Also, can anyone tell me if I can apply for insurance thru the goverment now. I am paying over 100.00 a month for 48,000 of life insurance. If I could beat this, I would drop the policy i have had for 25 years. I am 68 years old and in fair shape, I guess, who knows. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, people may want to do that, or leave some $$ for friends/relatives (outside of a will), $$ available to pay off any sudden finaicial "loose ends" one's estate has...basically, just leave something for the people having to leave their jobs (and take unpaid leave probably) or their own families, travel all the way to where you live (at their own expense probably) to go through all your stuff in order to dispose of it properly...instead of you just dying (inconsiderately, if that's possible) and leaving an apartment full of boxes of your suff and the rent is due soon.

I don't think that's cool.

Term Life seem to be a decent way to do all this...ON TOP of what you may or may not leave in a Will. Or if you never make a Will.

-- John D.

for an example, I want to leave a little money to an organization (Masons) that I have belonged to for 40 years. Life insurance is the way I decided to do so.
Edited by cloudcroft

70% TDIU/P&T

Army - RVN - 1969-70 (10th Cav/4th ID, II Corps RVN)

USCG - Galveston, TX - 1976-78 (USCGC Valiant, WMEC 621)