Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ok. I'm Ready To File For Tdiu

Rate this question

Cherie33

Question

Hi Everyone,

I have been pondering on whether or not to file for TDIU. Not to long ago I filed for an increased rating for my Major Depressive Disorder with Psychotc Features (currently at 50%) and instead the VA proposed to decrease my rating (to 30%). I went back and fourth with them until they decided to leave it the same (50%). However, they increased my Irritable Bowel Syndrome to (30%), which now makes my overall rating at 70%.

They did not mention anything about considering me for TDIU. Anyway, I think that I will file for TDIU, I just don't want to risk losing my benefits. I've already been through that.

Now, I was in the Vocah Rehab program and went through school, however my disabilities caused me not to be able to continue. I received a letter from my Vocah Rehab counselor stating that, quote "As your vocational rehabilitation counselor, I have made a determination that it is not feasible for you to benefit from a program designed to return you to gainful employment. However, we will be providing you an evaluation for individualized Independent Living services. A VA contractor will come to your home and complete an assessment of your Independent living needs." unquote.

I also visited my VA Psych dr. and he said that I can no longer work because of my disability. (Which he also stated in a letter, when I was trying to get my disability increased). He has once again listed this in my medical record.

At this point, should I apply for TDIU? Do I have enough evidence? If so, how would I file out my TDIU form? I haven't worked since 2002, however I was in school (through the Vocah Rehab Program, through 2004 - 2005.

Thank you, as always for your help!

Cherie33

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Cherie, did you get a response on what to do here? thanks.cg

Thank you Berta...Now what should I put when I don't have the exact dates of when I last worked or the #14 "Date You Became Too Disabled To Work"?

As well as Earned Income? This isn't asking about what I receive from VA?

Also, as far as Self-Employment. I did do some work using my notary stamp, however, its not like I work everyday, or even work enough to matter. Should I include that info too? I'm not doing anything now.

Cherie33

Cherie, did you get a response on what to do here? thanks.cg
Cherie, i don't know if i can help you with that answer..its one of those,"only you know" answers?? for me... the date i became to disabled to work was the day i stopped working and contributing to Soc. Sec. and IRS. thats what i put ..though i felt for quite awhile iwas reaching the breaking point, i kept trudgeing ahead. if its the year your concerned about..pull a copy of your income earnings statement, for free, online, from Social Security and once received, look at the dates and monies received for the year in question..hope this little helps..william n

Cherie, i don't know if i can help you with that answer..its one of those,"only you know" answers?? for me... the date i became to disabled to work was the day i stopped working and contributing to Soc. Sec. and IRS. thats what i put ..though i felt for quite awhile iwas reaching the breaking point, i kept trudgeing ahead. if its the year your concerned about..pull a copy of your income earnings statement, for free, online, from Social Security and once received, look at the dates and monies received for the year in question..hope this little helps..william n

you can work while pending TDIU,be cautious ..but i would ck. with one more knowledgable in that area, here at this site. peace

• HadIt.com Elder

William, I was asking Cherie if she got a response. because I have similiar inquries. Regards 'date became too disabled to work' could be the date beginning onset of the major disability that drives the TDIU EED/. OR what the VA considers last day 'fulltime employment occured' good question eh? Guess one could explain under #25 on tdiu form.