VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Retro?

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

FWD:

http://www.2ndbattalion94thartillery.com/C...nstatements.htm

September 16, 2007

To All the Veterans Benefits Disability Commissioners (VBDC)

Subject: The VBDC recommendation that the Veterans Compensation only start on the date it is awarded by Veterans Affairs and not the submittal date of claim.

I apologize for not being there for this meeting but I have a meeting with Congressman Bob Filner on many of the issues you as a committee have been discussing; and that takes precedence. I cannot afford to do both.

I did want to pass on my complete and utter disappointment with this recommendation for our Nation’s Veterans by the VBDC. In this subject, I feel you have been grossly mislead or you are not looking out for our Veterans.

This Commission must remember that Veterans Affairs does not work for Veterans but White House Philosophy to stall and deny as long as possible.

Veterans Affairs is a Federal Agency that is not to be trusted and already “Stalls to the Death” of the Veteran using the Veterans Affairs Hamster Wheel. With their definition that is used the Veterans claim is terminated upon death and the spouse then has to start all over again from day one. The VA clocks are reset just like the Presidents in the White House like it.

Knight Ridder news reported after suing Veteran Affairs for the data and I quote:

March 06, 2005:

”Knight Ridder news may be onto one of the biggest stories of the year: 13,000 veterans needlessly died awaiting appeals on VA benefit payments, with a net savings of untold millions for VA.”

Now this commission is not going to not hold accountable Veterans Affairs for the period in which they are stalling these Veterans. I can assure the commissioners that it has not gotten better but worse. As many of you know, even when Veterans Affairs puts out data, it is then normally found to be erroneous and then some wonderful Veterans Affairs explanation comes out about how they are going to “improve their reporting procedures.” Therefore, the 13,000 listed are at least as likely as not probably much higher.

If you recommend this as you have:

Disability Commission wants to change the rules that the award for Veterans would only be from the date of VA approval - not submittal.

If that happens, where in the world is there any incentive for Veterans affairs, to do anything other than draw a Government paycheck?

So where does that leave the disabled Veteran? Financially subsidizing his government created disability with his life savings while waiting government help via Veterans Affairs that never comes is the where.

Meanwhile, the VA leadership gets extra bonus pay for creating an atmosphere of “failure” and a complete “failure to perform” as expected by White House Philosophy.

Where does this leave the government created disabled or dying Veteran?

Congressman Shays Quote:

“At what level do you think Government should consider compensation? Should we have a no shadow of a doubt? The reason why I am asking the question is I have concluded, based on our work that we have done on Gulf War Illnesses, based on our review of Agent Orange, that I have to be honest with our veterans. By the time we will know the scientific data, you are dead. You will either have died early or you will have died in your old age in pain, but you will not get help from the Federal Government.

That is just about what is happening and has happened to 100’s of thousands of Veterans and Widows and now you are going to recommend the White House puppets at Veterans Affairs and our White House have no ramifications at all for the repeated stalling they create.

Veterans Affairs takes six to eighteen months to approve a Stage IV lung cancer associated disorder and now you are going to take the only incentive we have for Veterans Affairs to do anything for those that actually survive. Survive because they subsidized their government created cancer and/or government created disability.

Obviously for those that do not make it you can do the math in your head of the millions of dollars saved by a less than forthright Federal Agency set up to create this failure to support our Veterans.

Commissioners, it takes three data points to verify an award of government caused presumptive disorders for Compensations and declare as “Service Connected.”

· Did the Veteran serve in Vietnam?

· Is there a valid diagnosis?

· Is that diagnosis on the list of Presumptive Disorders?

Veterans Affairs cannot get this done in less than six months and most of the time it is much longer for our dying Veterans or in the fight for their very lives.

Do not; I repeat do not allow Veterans Affairs to tell you the complex process in medical decisions that have to be made as to level of disability that causes the delays. That does not apply in diagnosed cancers and some other medical issues. Cancers are 100% until death or free of cancer. Some of the other issues are by treatment regiments not some measurable physical disability using VA math.

Can anyone in our Government or Veterans Affairs or this Commission justify this illogical process other than stalling? When it should be hit the “Enter the Key as APPROVED” and get this approval in digital data over to financial dispersement.

I urge you to reconsider and will be glad to debate these issues with any of you or any of the Veterans Affairs folks, and will be arguing against this in the Halls of Congress.

You are taking away the only leverage the survivors have against a runaway federal agency.

Most of you remember my red artillery hat and me; and will remember I bring data to the fight not the subjectivity Veterans Affairs puts out.

Former Army Captain Bresnahan, in attendance, has my permission to submit this on my behalf and on behalf of all Veterans. If she can find anyone at all to read this statement in open discussion and get the statements for the record into the transcripts they also have my permission to do so.

If there is a problem please call me at: 404-641-6477

Charles Kelley

Veteran DMZ 67-68

Author and Veterans Advocate

Please make sure that all Commissioners get a copy of this formal submittal.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

No retro, no access to legal counsel through US Attorneys.

Problem resolved.

Please continue to increase our spending and we will continue to keep and spend it anywhere, but on a Veteran or their families.

Thanks Chumps!

Signed,

Theirs now, yours next.

Just checked VA Watchdog.org and couldn't find anything out on this - do you have any other reference for this information?

Surely on top of everything else they do the VA wouldn't try to pull a stunt like paying only once they made a decision and not from the date of claim.

Thanks,

TS