Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long For Bva Action

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

Just trying to gain info from the experience of others - once you filed your VA 9 how long was it before your file was transfered to BVA? Also did you have your hearing, if you requested one, with BVA before the file was transfered?

I submitted my form 9 to RO in Jan 06 (this was from a Jan 05 claim). The RO is now telling me that it could be 48 months before the BVA request the file. He also told me that they would hold the hearing before they request the file. Is this true? If so it is kinda strange - how the he$$ do they know what is going on if a hearing is conducted before they have the file for review? No wonder the system is so bum *&^*! In Jan 08 I will hit the 36 month level with this particular claim and it is just getting kinda old. Sometimes my wife begs me to just give up for she is afraid that the stress is going to kill me.

Since the NOD in Aug 06 there has been much medical evidence submitted, and a DRO hearing. However, no word from the RO on anything. The DRO even stated that she would issue a new decision - however, you know, it is the standard forked speech spoken by the RO along with the old outta sight, outta mind symdrome - another one bites the dust! Today I kinda agree with the wife and do not believe this stuff is work it - a few bucks a month at the expense of the little sanity that I have left, nope ain't worth it. Don't know how much time I have left on this earth but I would really, really, like to spend it with my family without being so wraped around the axle about some idiot at the RO!. Thanks for letting me rant about nothing, just in one of those moods today.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My biggest problem with the VA is never knowing if someone is telling me something to pacify me for the moment.

I would have never guessed that my last claim filing of December 2001 would in 2007 be at the Appeals Management Center , remanded by the BVA and that I have somehow managed to have some sanity about me.

Did I dream that it would ever take this long?? No, not in a million years.

The days turned into months, which turned into years.

It seems impossible to me.

Always,

Josephine

Hey John, I will move with you. Maybe we could start our own VA in Perfect hahahahahahaha. Josephine - know how you feel. Our only hope will be that years don't turn into eternities :(

PS - sorry if I brought anyone down with me! I just wanted to rant and did not really mean to remind everyone of the suffering all of us vets and spouses face daily when dealing with the VA. I only hope that if I ever succeed that I don't have to be committed due to the withdrawl symptoms. :huh:

VAF - I think I will move to lou easy ana with you guys :(

Edited by Ricky

• HadIt.com Elder

Ricky; (and everyone else here who made me laugh - Thanks!)

Just a thought, sure would be great if some software guru programmer would create a management program that we could purchase to install on our home computers to use for our veterans disability requests. My dream it would contain all the possible scenarios, forms, regulations, tracking, equations, calendaring, SMR, Cfile copy management for us veterans considering all the effort we apply ourselves trying to keep it organized. Say a Quicken, Excel and Word program made just for Veterans Disability Compensation claim management. G'nite yall! cg :huh:

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA uses delay as a planned way to manage awards. I used to think that it was 4% was the limit for awards but it may be even worse. The main thing is for a Vet to get on the Gravy Train other Vets have to get off.

There is no other logical explanation to this.

Glad I could assist in giving you guys a chuckle! At least I know that I am still worth something when I can make my Hadit family laugh. It tends to ease my mind and give me something to think about other than the idiots I have to deal with at the VA. :huh: