VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Request For Information From Va Houston Office

Rate this question

68mustang

Question

Last month I requested copies of all documents used to deny my VA claim in 2002.

Today I received a letter from the VA office in Houston, Tx. The letter stated that my application for benefits had been received and action on my claim may be delayed due to the great number of claims that have been filed. All I wanted was the documents used to deny my claim. I don't know if this a response that is used when copies of documents are requested. Has anyone else requested copies of documents and received a similiar response? Maybe I was sent the wrong form letter. Thanks.

68mustang

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Well maybe the Houston VARO has decided that you made an informal claim cause you asked for records.

I don't know since it has been a few years since the denial. I didn't know that a denied claim could be reopened by me just asking for records. Thanks.

68mustang

...I don't know if this a response that is used when copies of documents are requested. Has anyone else requested copies of documents and received a similiar response? Maybe I was sent the wrong form letter. Thanks.

68mustang

Having worked for the Federal Govenment and a state government, I offer that someone might have generated the wrong response to your request for records. I hope I am wrong, but that type of incorrect action occurs more often that is acceptable.

Good Luck!