VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Question

Rate this topic

I thought I would ask if this has happened to anyone else out there. This Wednesday, I had a rather spectacular fender bender in a Walgreens parking lot. I was driving cautiously and had just turned a corner when my car engine revved up really high then took off like a rocket. This happened in the blink of an eye. Unfortunately, someone was backing out & I couldn't avoid them. Now my new car is in the shop awaitng repairs & I feel like a senile old bat who shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car.

At first I was convinced that it had to be my car. But when I got on the Web, I found no recalls. In fact about 98% of the owners love their modelof the car I drive.

So, this makes me wonder.....could have have actually blacked out for a split second & mashed down on the acceleraor?? :huh: I wasn't drinking. Just wondered if a person could be unconcious(sp) for such a short period of time.

Thanks.

Lizv

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

There were a lot of these accidents and from time to time you see a report of one. I suspect that you may have felt that you were pushing on the brake and unfortunately it was the accelerator.

A while back I asked my teenage son to move the car into the garage and when he dawdled he went out angry and drove the car through the back of the house and ruined the hot water heater and the washer and dryer. He always claimed it was a sudden surge. He was 16 at the time.

If I were you I would not be hard on myself cause this happens quite a bit and that is why we buy Insurance.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a car where the gas pedal used to get stuck to the floor. It can happen. What kind of meds are you taking? Be very careful about this since if you have an accident and the cop thinks you are DUI they will make you do roadside tests. I would fail sometimes I know since I take pain meds.