Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Records From Civilian Doc

Rate this question

jmack

Question

I just got off the phone with my doctor's office to see if he had receive info from the SSA DDS. He said that he had but it will take him 2 weeks!!! to get it back to them. They mailed it to him on 19 Sept 2007. We don't have the best of relationship,us two, but it's not in the dirt either, so why would it take so long and is there any alternative measures I can take to get the info from him like "yesterday" B) ? Please, need to know asap. Thanks.

jmack

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

His time is very valuable. Most of them save things such as this for the evening hours after they see their heavy patient load.

Just need to be patient huh? I think I will be after I get something to calm me down next week.

Thanks,

jmack

That is why I recommend that you be the instigator. You need a record YOU go get it, do not rely on the VA or anyone to do it. VA has periods like say thirty or sixty days before they look at your file again, and then sixty days they do and ohhhh the records did not come in, they rissue the letter and give themselves another thirty days, in the meantime you have a stroke waiting for them to get with it. I would just go to the doctor and say look it is my life here and I am in need of those records. Like some one said if you have to pay so be it and YOU get them and deliver them. Do not let them mail them. good luck Q

bobbyq

• HadIt.com Elder

I once had a DRO take nearly a year and a half to request a copy of my SSA records. I finally had to go to the SSA and get a letter stating my records were destroyed.

If the VA is requesting records, I would go to where they are and get a copy of it. I would than make copies and send a copy to the VA myself. If it's to far to drive there, you don't have a choice but wait and see how fast the wheels of government turn.

If there is anything that you can do, Do it. You may be supprized how many YEARS you can save waiting, just by getting what they use to delay your claim with and get it to them. If you live in the same city, hand carry that record to the RO if you can.

Any thing you send them, make sure you have copies and ALWAYS send it certified reciept requested.

Allan

That is why I recommend that you be the instigator. You need a record YOU go get it, do not rely on the VA or anyone to do it. VA has periods like say thirty or sixty days before they look at your file again, and then sixty days they do and ohhhh the records did not come in, they rissue the letter and give themselves another thirty days, in the meantime you have a stroke waiting for them to get with it. I would just go to the doctor and say look it is my life here and I am in need of those records. Like some one said if you have to pay so be it and YOU get them and deliver them. Do not let them mail them. good luck Q

So in essence, the VA does not look at documents as they come in--they have periodic reviews based on 30-60 days or whatever. Correct?? Here I thought I was expediting reviews by replying immediately

(at least during the past eight months), but learn it really doesn't matter because they aren't going to look at it (i.e., documents, forms, etc.) until the timelines discussed above arrive...