VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fiduciary Questions

Rate this question

B. Capit

Question

I was rated for 100% in May 2007, and I sent a letter that month explaining I am incompetent to handle my benefits and want my mother to handle it. Last week I was told a fidcuciary would come to my mom's house to interview us to see if she is eligible to handle the benefits.

I was told to wait 1-2 weeks by someone at the VA in DC, but I don't know if they are bs'ing me. He wrote down "hardship" on my paperwork, because I am homeless and living in my car, and I have a seven month old daughter.

So here is my question. Will it really be 1-2 weeks before a fiduciary comes to interview us? And when that happens, how long do I wait before I actually see the money? I am owed over $20,000 in back pay. Will it take another six months after a fiduciary approves my mother to handle the benefits before I see the money?

Can the VA provide me and my daughter emergency shelter? My fiance called a homeless shelter, but the waiting list is over six months, and men aren't allowed.

Thank you in advance for your help.

-Brian

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Brian -at least you have internet access- dont hesitate to send an Iris inquiry to the VA-they will send it to your VARO- the Iris format will guide you step by step-

It is at the VA web site under Contact Us:

http://www.va.gov/index.htm

Iv'e also sent an Iris inquiry to the VA 4 months ago. My 7 month old daughter was granted benefits Oct. 6 2007 from when she was born till she's 18. Well, what i dont get is that the VA will give me $348 in a check in the next 15 days... But I've been getting that amount already. They started me off as a 30% and they increased it to 100% in May. Even if they didnt approve me for 100%, why is it still $348? nothing was added at all. Im already struggling as it is.

Thank God for Wireless connections, I'm able to get signal around here. Lol

Well, first off, the VA should only be holding back your backpay at this point. You should be getting your monthly check. If your not, raise a huge stink.

I recieved my monthly check untill my wife was approved. Only my backpay was held.

If you've just now been officially found not competent for VA purposes, it is sent to the fiduciary office. Then the appointment will be set up with your Mother. After the interview, it can take some time for your Mother to be approved. If she is approved, the field officer will make another appointment to plan how the money will be handled. How much goes to savings, what you can buy, ect. THEN they will release the backpay and monthly payments will start to go to your Mother.

Again, YOU SHOULD BE GETTING YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENTS WHILE THIS PROCCESS WORKS OUT.

I don't think the proccess itself is all that long, but the appointments for interview depend on location and it can take some time to get them.

Good luck to you.

Well, first off, the VA should only be holding back your backpay at this point. You should be getting your monthly check. If your not, raise a huge stink.

I recieved my monthly check untill my wife was approved. Only my backpay was held.

If you've just now been officially found not competent for VA purposes, it is sent to the fiduciary office. Then the appointment will be set up with your Mother. After the interview, it can take some time for your Mother to be approved. If she is approved, the field officer will make another appointment to plan how the money will be handled. How much goes to savings, what you can buy, ect. THEN they will release the backpay and monthly payments will start to go to your Mother.

Again, YOU SHOULD BE GETTING YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENTS WHILE THIS PROCCESS WORKS OUT.

I don't think the proccess itself is all that long, but the appointments for interview depend on location and it can take some time to get them.

Good luck to you.

I was at 30% and getting $348 a month. I was approved in May 100%. I am still getting the $348. They are holding the difference from 2471 something dollars and the amount im getting ($348). I also have a dependent so im sure its more than $2471....

Im going to DC right now so i guess ill let you know how it goes....

Yesterday, I went to Washington DC on I St. and finally got a hold of a Legal Instrument Examiner. She looked for my files in front of her and said she doesnt have mine today... She looked on the computer and said that my file is in the process of going to DC from Baltimore. :rolleyes: