VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab

Rate this question

Christopher

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

A certain GPA must be maintained and Voc Rehab covers any remedial help also.

• HadIt.com Elder

Chris:

It really is for your benefit. If you need some help she can get it for you. Remember that you can't change anything without talking to her first. I think as long as you are passing not to much to worry about.

They are supposed to pay for books and the stuff you need to make a success of your studies you also may be able to score a laptop computer if it is needed to help you in your studies.

Good Luck

After looking over the paperwork I signed and recived copies of...apparently the rehabilitation plan is to determine my feasiblity to participate in further vocational panning and an ultimate job objective? To improve my rehabilitation potential for training and eventual training for employment? Referral back to counseling no later than the end of the semester or as soon as feasibility can be determined?

Here I thought I was approved and they got me on a 1 semester trial basis..I may be paranoid but do the Voc Rehab people talk to the people working my claims and appeals? And if so how does this relate to my laims?

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't worry so much as long as you work hard, go to class, turn in your assignments and study for tests you should be in good shape. Since you are in Texas there is plenty of help if Voc Rehab bails on you.

Really, try not to get upset this is all pretty standard stuff. It will pay, and they will assist you if they think you need it by paying for tutoring etc. A great case manager touches base monthly (hopefully by phone) and physically at least once a semester....

Just get used to it, and once you do the program is fairly straightforeward. Expect a FEW bumpb... especially with the books... but it will get fixed and paid for. If you do have any special needs, and these may be anything from a laptop to an advanced calculator (OMG the price on a top of the line casio is insane I know I have one)... to assistive equipment to help your studying, or managing life on campus... these vary wildly but, for example a bright lighted magnifyer glass that moves in 3 demensions for a vet with eye injury.... or a magnifying plate with lightin capability... etc.