VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unemployability

Rate this question

LizR

Question

I do not understand fully what is going on with the IU situation. Is it true that if I am 80% P/T IU that I may lose my IU benifits when I turn 65?

Thanks in advance for any insite on this issue...Liz

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

At the present time, that is not true. However, it is one subject for discussion amongst the fat-cat politicians who are looking for more ways to take from the poor to give to the rich.

Sort of "Anti-Robin Hood".

At the present time, that is not true. However, it is one subject for discussion amongst the fat-cat politicians who are looking for more ways to take from the poor to give to the rich.

Sort of "Anti-Robin Hood".

Thank you for easing my anxiety...for the moment..Gosh..so many Vets would be in a real bind..myself included... if such a thing should come about. I would have to go and find a husband to supliment my lower rating :) ...kidding aside...I would be in a real mess.

Liz

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends.

Last month it was posted on hadit here that the disablity commisson was not going to change severl pratices of the VA in disablity law. I think one was disablitys and genetics, and the IU. Im ot sure but you can look in the past and find out what the commission is not going to deal with.

When that was announced the VA shortly announced its interest in taking IU vets and re hablitate them back into the work force.

Now that is not all bad but I know the effort will not be genuine but one of merly saving money at the expence of disabled veteran. However it would be a massive program they would have to set up to put millions of vets back into the work force and not have headlines in the news papers about the vets who could not fit into the placements they were forced into.

Terry Higgins

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends.

Last month it was posted on hadit here that the disablity commisson was not going to change severl pratices of the VA in disablity law. I think one was disablitys and genetics, and the IU. Im ot sure but you can look in the past and find out what the commission is not going to deal with.

When that was announced the VA shortly announced its interest in taking IU vets and re hablitate them back into the work force.

Now that is not all bad but I know the effort will not be genuine but one of merly saving money at the expence of disabled veteran. However it would be a massive program they would have to set up to put millions of vets back into the work force and not have headlines in the news papers about the vets who could not fit into the placements they were forced into.

Terry Higgins

Terry

VA Voc rehab is a joke. I have a friend who finally got service connected but since he was working for $9 bucks an hour the Voc Rehab counlser turned him down.

Jim