VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Board

Rate this question

pete

Question

Re: my post yesterday--my ptsd claim went to the rating board and was sent back out to get a second opinion on an issue. That took two months. Now it is back to the rating board. Does it go back to the bottom of the pile? Does anyone know how it really works? Thanks.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

As far as I know, their is no perfect answer to your question. Knowing the VA and how they operate, you'Ve got two sinerios, one; the second opinion is unfavorable and they run it quickly through the system for a denial, so they can say they cleared a claim, or the second opinion could be favorable and it may well end up on the bottom of some pile someplace so they can take another look at it to see if they can find something to deny the claim with.

All you can do is keep calling, just to show them you are keeping tabs on their progress. No one VARO seem to be on the same time table with another. A same size VARO may have more claims than another of the same size, may have or have not the same quality of processing as another, etc. It's a waiting game or hurry up and wait and the hurrier they go the behinder they get. and that's no joke.

All you can hope for, is that it is steadily moving in the right direction, whether it is for denial or approval, the hope to see it sooner than later.

Sorry no magic pill or formula.

Jim S. :)

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

As Jim says, I would continue to check up on my claim just to make sure it does not somehow get lost or go off the radar screen. Sometimes the VA will do some crazy things with a claim and never tell you about it unless you ask them about the status of your claim. If you suspect something is wrong trust your hunch and check it out.