Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got It!

Rate this topic

nlualum82

Hey Gary

There is something i was wondering about while i was reading you great news. And that was you said

you got a direct deposit and a Check???

Would one be for you new award and the other for your IU ? I was just wondering since i am expecting some of the same at any day now. I got award for mental ahealth of 70% on nov.3rd according to my so, on two days later he got me to file for iu benefits and two days later i got a comfirm letter from va as to where i faxed it back in to my so and he filed it right away.Well i was just wondering what was going on there since i was expecting some of the same in a few days.

truman

I am just so very happy that you got your benefits pyt, now lets have some turkey right?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting on an absolute explanation of why I got a direct deposit and a check.

I believe the SO theorized that the direct deposit was the amount that the computer calculated and that the check was for the stuff they had to figure since 1/78....????

70% PTSD has an effective date of 6/21/05, same as my 2 10% awards for my left knee (jeep wreck, injury, degenerative joint disease)

My 50% hearing is continued (been SC since '78)

chronic otitis externa was denied ( may NOD that - examiner falsely stated that I said I don't have it anymore)

The interesting one was my tinnitus claim. The examiner mealy-mouthed and pooh-poohed it, but they decided there was enough to give me benefit of the doubt. THEN they awarded it back to the day after my discharge in Jan. '78! They noted that it was in my records since the end of active duty and on my initial interview at my first VA appt. right after discharge

Most times I have been upgraded I have ended up getting a second "hit" when they figured that they had not sent me enough the first time, but in the beginning it was 2 checks, one for my rating, another when they calculated my dependents, etc.

After direct deposit, it became 2 direct deposits. Still can't be sure why this is a direct deposit AND a check.

Can anyone shed light on this?

I keep hoping the envelope will arrive and have a pat explanation for that. I called the VARO and they confirmed it was all proper, but no reason...

Thanks, for all the encouragement,

Gary

Well gary you might get you answer in the next few days, and you know now that there must really be a santa clause, or you may have this guardian angel watching over you, right. I too have been working on my claims for many years and as of this date i am still a poor person, most vets are. You have struggled all these years and had to live on nothing, and all of suddenly there are sending you money you you dont know for what yet, really. Somebody loves what you are about right. You hang in there dont worry about all this extra money and allow you and family to have one of the best holidays that you can remember ok?

You like all of the rest of veterans have been spending all of our lives trying to convence the va that we are veterans to. But right here is what its all about. and keep smiling.

our hearts goes out to you and yours for sucess

truman

• 2 weeks later...

Gary

Is your direct deposit correct for this morning? I did not get paid for my spouse and still have not gotten an explanation for the deposit on 11-18-05. I guess the paperwork is backed up! Well I am happy they sent the money first. Just running out of time to file appeal and still don't have any award letter.

Anyone else have this problem?

SE B)

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone who has a logical explanation for what the VA does needs to post it here. One nice thing is once they start sending the money they do a pretty good job.

I got the updated amount (just upgraded from 50 -90%) for the first time today! My wife checked it out bright and early.

Gary