Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reevaluation For P&t

Rate this question

wjack12412

Question

I have a friend that is currently 100% SC, but with 70% of it being depression due to his SC back, lungs and a varied of other conditions causing him a great deal of depression. He was given 100% in 2004 at which time his GAF was a 45. He has requested all his treatment records from the VA to see is GAF and it ranges between 50-51 with notations that he is stable with medication, do you think they will lower his SC for depression to keep from giving him P&T?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

is he drawing SSD for the same injuries? If so, then I doubt it, if he isn't then it's open season if he has been awarded SSD has he told the VA about it? If he hasn't filed for SSD then he probably needs to

is he drawing SSD for the same injuries? If so, then I doubt it, if he isn't then it's open season if he has been awarded SSD has he told the VA about it? If he hasn't filed for SSD then he probably needs to

No, he is actually a full time employee. He has proof from his employer to show that in the month of Sept alone he was off work for 15 days due to his SC disabilities.

• HadIt.com Elder

then they may reduce him if he is working I would just leave the mess alone and not ask for P&T right now just my 2 cents

No, actually they called him in for his C&P to see if they are going to make him P&T. I know there are people that do work that are SC 100% so if there are any of you in the board can you tell me what you are SC for?

A couple things jump out at me - everybody look these over because this is all theory for me, not experience so until someone "perfects" my comments take them with the whole can of Mortons:

- if he's "stable" on psych meds I thought by the rating schedule that was a 10% rating for the depression

- the fact that he responds positively to psych meds would preclude a P&T because part of that verbiage says that permanent improvement under treatment (ie, meds) it is unlikely and he could be on meds for life

- also, P&T has to do w/ being "long standing" and you don't mention how long he's been a disabled vet

Again, just some thoughts.

Good luck,

TS Snave

A couple things jump out at me - everybody look these over because this is all theory for me, not experience so until someone "perfects" my comments take them with the whole can of Mortons:

- if he's "stable" on psych meds I thought by the rating schedule that was a 10% rating for the depression

- the fact that he responds positively to psych meds would preclude a P&T because part of that verbiage says that permanent improvement under treatment (ie, meds) it is unlikely and he could be on meds for life

- also, P&T has to do w/ being "long standing" and you don't mention how long he's been a disabled vet

Again, just some thoughts.

Good luck,

TS Snave

No, they knew he was working when they gave him the rating since 2004. Thanks for your thoughts that is what this board is about so everyone is able to be able to ask the questions that they may have not been able to ask just anyone