Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Have Any Of You Successfully Challenged A C & P Exam

Rate this question

vaf

Question

I'm curious to see if any of you ever successfully challenged a C & P exam because you couldn't understand the examiner, and the examiner either misinterpreted your statements, or wrote misstatements in the C & P report due to not understanding you.

In short, due to an acute communication problem. Anyone?

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I've had 4 C&P's.

None of which was performed by an actual "M.D.".

All of which were performed by P.A.'s (Physician Assistants).

• HadIt.com Elder

You also realize that I've not been seen by a VA-employed Physician Assistant.

All of them were "contractors".

I don't know what you had...I was talking about foreign M.D.s wanting to practice here in the US.

To my knowledge, D.O.s are a "home grown" product...they go to American rather than foreign schools...I don't think there even ARE any foreign D.O. schools.

And don't sell PAs short...besides, they must work within the supervision and authority of a doctor.

NPs are similar but I believe they have more autonomy.

Whatever, some C&Ps do NOT require a "real doctor."

-- John D.

Who said this guy was a doctor?
Edited by cloudcroft

A PA almost killed my husband while he was active duty. Admitted the mistake after emergency surgery, and I must tell you, there was no "doctor" around to catch the error beforehand. They called the series of missteps, "regrettable" in my husband's service medical records. As with doctors, some PA's are better than others, but that checks and balances thing you talk about over the watchful eyes of physicians sometimes does not actually happen. Fortunately, my husband is living (no thanks to that PA) proof.

I took myself off topic, this time, sorry. I didn't mean to start PA bashing, I'm mostly interested in how solid an argument the language gap issue is in rescheduling a C & P, regardless of the examiner's credentials.

That's already been answered.

Besides, as you said, it's already been sent in so it doesn't matter.

I'm done with it.

-- John D.

I took myself off topic, this time, sorry. I didn't mean to start PA bashing, I'm mostly interested in how solid an argument the language gap issue is in rescheduling a C & P, regardless of the examiner's credentials.