Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Have Any Of You Successfully Challenged A C & P Exam

Rate this question

vaf

Question

I'm curious to see if any of you ever successfully challenged a C & P exam because you couldn't understand the examiner, and the examiner either misinterpreted your statements, or wrote misstatements in the C & P report due to not understanding you.

In short, due to an acute communication problem. Anyone?

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

No, but I did have a Pakastani shrink, who DID speak English pretty well, write up a C&P like he had examined someone else, not me, so I challenged that because it wasn't accurate.

Got a 2nd C&P.

If you have things written in your C&P you didn't say, or things you did say that weren't included, then challenge it on that basis alone, whether the person spoke good English or not...but DO cite that as the likely reason for any errors you saw and are challenging.

Regardless of the reason, however, no one should accept a flawed C&P!

In short, definitely challenge it.

-- John D.

Edited by cloudcroft

70% TDIU/P&T

Army - RVN - 1969-70 (10th Cav/4th ID, II Corps RVN)

USCG - Galveston, TX - 1976-78 (USCGC Valiant, WMEC 621)

• HadIt.com Elder

Vaf,

I am still fighting my last C&P with the AMC and I will soon see if I dis-credited them.

I did not get anywhere with my letter to the Patient Advocate.

They chose to leave everything as written, lies and all and now they won't comply with the remand by the AMC.

Always,

Josephine

No, but....I did first request the doc to write the question on a piece of paper, when that didn't work, I requested a nurse that spoke her language, who remained in the room interperting the questions....that worked..

• HadIt.com Elder

How do you go about challenging a C&P?

I just had one. The examiner was supposed to be examining me for my claim for arthritis of the hips and knees "caused by the way I have to walk due to my ankle disability".

Instead, he comes up with this reasoning for giving me a "least likely as not" that has nothing to do with what I originally claimed. He says that, essentially, arthiritis in one joint does not cause arthritis in other joints.

Of course, he also said that I was "genetically predisposed" to arthritis. I want to see how he came up with that.

Anyway, do I try to get hold of someone at the VARO in Waco? If so, who do I talk with?

I don't have the money to run around trying to get a orthopedic surgeon's opinion to "knock down" what this Physician's Assistant is saying. Besides, it takes forever to get an appointment, then you have to try to explain WHY you want an opinion and trying to explain something to the all-wise and all-powerful is not my best suite. The last time I needed an IMO from orthopedic surgeons, I went to three of them, it cost me over $2,000 and I didn't wind up with anything that the VA would accept, even after showing these schmucks the "proper form" and telling them the terminololgy. Finally I got a decent C&P from the VA and I didn't really NEED an outside IMO.........kiss $2,312 goodbye.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder
How do you go about challenging a C&P?

I just had one. The examiner was supposed to be examining me for my claim for arthritis of the hips and knees "caused by the way I have to walk due to my ankle disability".

Instead, he comes up with this reasoning for giving me a "least likely as not" that has nothing to do with what I originally claimed. He says that, essentially, arthiritis in one joint does not cause arthritis in other joints.

Of course, he also said that I was "genetically predisposed" to arthritis. I want to see how he came up with that.

Anyway, do I try to get hold of someone at the VARO in Waco? If so, who do I talk with?

I don't have the money to run around trying to get a orthopedic surgeon's opinion to "knock down" what this Physician's Assistant is saying. Besides, it takes forever to get an appointment, then you have to try to explain WHY you want an opinion and trying to explain something to the all-wise and all-powerful is not my best suite. The last time I needed an IMO from orthopedic surgeons, I went to three of them, it cost me over $2,000 and I didn't wind up with anything that the VA would accept, even after showing these schmucks the "proper form" and telling them the terminololgy. Finally I got a decent C&P from the VA and I didn't really NEED an outside IMO.........kiss $2,312 goodbye.

Larry J,

I first called the Patient Advocate at the VAMC and notified the R. O immediately and explained to him/her what was wrong with the C&P and what I expected and to expect a written formal request for the C&P to be changed to be accurate or that you wanted a new C&P.

I put in writing everything that I disagreed with and furnished the proof in my medical records of what was incorrect.

I sent Notarized letters to the R.O and the VAMC.

The C&P remained in my records with incorrect information and the R.O refused to give me another C&P.

Now, I turned all of this into the BVA and the AMC requested a New Opinion from the two Psychiatrist , but they did not comply with the remand.

Now it is time for my doctor to come in and finish them off.

I believe that with my medical information that I have proved them liars and so has my doctor of 30 years.

Sure hope this helps you.

Write me if you need more info.

Always,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

Tanks, Betty.

I'm going to call the VARO in Waco on Monday. I'm going to ask to talk to the "boss person" and see what happens. I don't even know what to call the head of a VARO. Anyway, I'm just going to tell WHOever I can get to talk to me, I'm going to tell them about this and see what I need to do.

When I find out, I'll be back here, on this posting, and tell ya what they said.

I hope it's not like when you call the 1-800 number....Moday's answer is always different from the answer that ya got the Friday before, and directly opposed to the answer that you will get if you call 'em back Tuesday....and so on.

My depression is really kickin the cr*p outta me right now.

I look around me, I haven't done anything for days.....and I'm so unbelievably exhausted...I'd cry if I thought it would do me any good.

This really sucks.

sorry, I'll hush....just tired and kinda lonely

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph