Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

At Rating Board

Rate this question

Sgt eve

Question

HI everyone. I found out through iris that my claim is at the rating board. Does anyone know how long it will SIT there and collect dust, lol? Also it's a new claim for PTSD but I already got SC for depression/anxiety, I'm thinking this claim will be denied becuase of that. Any thoughts??? Thanks so much.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

"In Development"; "At the Rating Board"; "On the Rator's Desk" all these are statements that have no time limits. Better to be at the rating board than Lost at the VA. I wonder how high the stacks of claims to be rated are at the rating board?

If you are rated for PTSD it will be lumped in with the other mental claims and you get one rating for all.

HI everyone. I found out through iris that my claim is at the rating board. Does anyone know how long it will SIT there and collect dust, lol? Also it's a new claim for PTSD but I already got SC for depression/anxiety, I'm thinking this claim will be denied becuase of that. Any thoughts??? Thanks so much.

My claim went to the Rating Board on 4Oct07 and then Post Determination on 29Oct07 and that was because I was told that OIF/OEF claims were put with different rating categories, because my dad which is a Vietnam Vet went to the Rating Board and has not been assigned a Rating Officer yet. I find this treatment to be so unfair. He calls us new vets the "flavor of the month". The sad part is that as we begin to get older and more conflicts arise then we will become yesterdays news such as our other brethren has and that is a scarey thought

wjack - you got it. Therefore you better suck up all of this special treatment you can while it lasts. 10 years from now you will simply be at the back of the line in the 600,000 wait list. Sorry but that is just the way it is. VN vets got the worst treatment of all as the county wanted to simply forget or play like the conflict did not happen. Therefore those guys and gals were pushed to the back of the line from the get go and are still there today for the country still does not want to remember the damn war of that time.

As bad as I do need the money, I would still prefer for VN vets to recieve their benefits before us. My dad and I submitted our claims 2 days apart and he is waiting and here now I am about to have my reopened claim done before he is even given consideration on his first claim.