Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2 C&ps

Rate this question

Flatbroke

Question

Had my hearing 24 Oct with DRO, he said was going to set C&P for reevaluation on my back and a C&P for PTSD.

Got a notice yesterday for a C&P on Nov 26 at 8:30 am. It is only a three hour drive to Columbia so I have to get up about 4 , leave before 5, drive almost three hours, I wonder what kind of mood I will be in when I get in for the exam?. I will be tired, in a cr***y mood and will have an attitude. I just hope for me its the right attitude.

Then today I get the notice that I have to drive back up on the 28th at 1:00 pm for a C&P for my back, thats after a three hour drive again and I wonder what kind of shape I will be after two trips to Columbia??

Of course they would not be able to schedule both on the same day one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

That would be easy but I guess I should not complain since it would only be like 4 weeks since the hearing and for C&P s that is fast. Of course how long to wait for decision.

Semper Fi

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Flatbroke,

I would call the VARO right away (probbly Tuesday, right after Veterans Day) and say the long drive is tiring and painful due to your back, and ask if there is ANY WAY both C&Ps can be scheduled for the SAME DAY...peferably both exams in the morning or both in the afternoon.

Be polite but persistent in trying to accomplish this, even if you have to talk to someone higher up the chain-of-command there at VARO who may be able to make it happen.

Good luck,

-- John D.

• HadIt.com Elder

I gotta disagree here. Leave it just the way it is. I've read time and time on here that the C&P docs need to see your sonditions at their worst in order to appropriately assess them. They just seem to have helped out a bit in this instance by creating that "wortst possible" scenario for you. Good luck!! My C&P's are coming up, too, but I only have to drive 40 minutes. Maybe I could take a short cut through Knoxville, lol.

Flatbroke,

I would call the VARO right away (probbly Tuesday, right after Veterans Day) and say the long drive is tiring and painful due to your back, and ask if there is ANY WAY both C&Ps can be scheduled for the SAME DAY...peferably both exams in the morning or both in the afternoon.

Be polite but persistent in trying to accomplish this, even if you have to talk to someone higher up the chain-of-command there at VARO who may be able to make it happen.

Good luck,

-- John D.

• HadIt.com Elder

Be nice to them. A three hour drive. How about grabbing a HI express and stay a couple of days.

Keep a posative attitude. Be sure to take recent claim evidence unless the Doctor does not have it.

Good luck.

rentalguy1,

Reading Flatbroke's words, my guess is that it will only take ONE 3-hour drive to have him appear at his worst physically and mentally...he doesn't need to do TWO 3-hour drives to "accomplish" that. :D

-- John D.

Edited by cloudcroft

rentalguy1,

Reading Flatbroke's words, my guess is that it will only take ONE 3-hour drive to have him appear at his worst physically and mentally...he doesn't need to do TWO 3-hour drives to "accomplish" that. :D

-- John D.

You are right cloudcraft,

I can only drive for about 45 minutes before I have to stop get out and walk around to get my back in a differant position to relieve it. I have tried to drive further and I hurt like he** for a long time after words so I guess I need to get to the C&P's without pausing.

I do need to try to get both on one day since money is tight and but they are so generous in thier mileage allowance. I could drive forever on what they give us. Being a smarta** money is tight and it would help to only make one trip.

I have been studing the C&P for backs and the last one I got was no where like the exam says. I am going to try to get Bonnie in with me on the back so she can see what is not done.

She said that she would time me in the other C&P to see how long I am in there.

And yes it was fast but at the DRO hearing he said I had a strong stressor letter from my CO and I also gave them a letter from our corpman from Nam ( he earned and deserved a Silver Star in Nam )

from treatments that he gave me for my back in Nam that was not in the C-file. Maybe I got a better chance now am getting tired of fighting with them but I aint going to quit now.