VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

pete

Question

i really can't figure out how to post on thid site and get a reply but here goes--got aletter today from VA that basically says "we're busy with and we'll get to your claim when we can, don't call us , we'll call you--I'm just about homeless, tires of screwing around with the system, got a huge supply of vicodin they gave me, it's the shitty holidays again. the VA just doesn't seem to care, hoping we (I) die or jusr go away. I'm tired of it all.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete hang in there it will work out. Doing yourself in and the VA wins. Where do you live? Of you have a telephone I can call you if you want.

Don't give up.

214 691 0530 if you want to call me.

Pete,

This is a really tough time of year for people with psychiatric problems. If you feel you may be a danger to yourself or someone else ask a family member or friend to stop by and keep you company, or, perhaps, check yourself in to a hospital in order to get your meds stabilized (also could help your present case with the VA).

My wife always has a hard time during this time of year and almost always end up in a hospital, but with meds and my help I'm hoping this year will be different. Just know that all of our thoughts are with you and that we are always here if you just want to say hi or vent about your life in general (if it's too personal then send PMs).

As pete53 said, hurting yourself just lets them win without a fight and I have yet to meet a veteran that would rather not fight...you're better then that.

Pete, Yes it is a standard letter. You will recieve more. Please hang in there brother. The wait is long, but we've been through it and can help you to get through it. Take care brother. Welcome Home.