VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help

Rate this question

carlie

Question

I'm having some SEVERE PTSD problems right now but this feeling could

be fairly common amoung myself and either 1) - 2 ) - or 3 ) or more

additional vets. I could maybe take an extra Clonazepam or so but this

would place me in the position of reverting back to common ways of dealing

with my anxiety levels. As I sit here thinking about it though I strongly realize

maybe those common ways weren't really a negative.

Sometimes I think about one of my grandfathers, cousins - brother, that married his sister before grandmama and papa got divorced and just can not understand

why things happened that way. Well, enough being on my pitty pot for now.

I 'm off to do a few touch ups with my assistant in the common area of

my controls, at least I've learned that little magical bit about the "geek" world of

computers.

Edited by carlie

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Agreed, the fact that you realize you're at a "low" point says a lot about your recovery......I have found a nap really helps my wife regain some perspective when she's low, but the nap is usually preceded by an ativan (or extra clonazepam/klonopin or serequel).

This is a tough time of year and you shouldn't beat yourself up over needing some meds to get through it.....Actually, I would be proud that you're able to see where you're at and deal with it in a rational manor.

I'm having some SEVERE PTSD problems right now but this feeling could

be fairly common amoung myself and either 1) - 2 ) - or 3 ) or more

additional vets. I could maybe take an extra Clonazepam or so but this

would place me in the position of reverting back to common ways of dealing

with my anxiety levels. As I sit here thinking about it though I strongly realize

maybe those common ways weren't really a negative.

Sometimes I think about one of my grandfathers, cousins - brother, that married his sister before grandmama and papa got divorced and just can not understand

why things happened that way. Well, enough being on my pitty pot for now.

I 'm off to do a few touch ups with my assistant in the common area of

my controls, at least I've learned that little magical bit about the "geek" world of

computers.

Carlie, some dumb advise.. Try and not become involved with other Vets with PTSD at this time. Transferrence is almost osmosis, that is you might tend to take on the problems of others and worsening your own :lol:

Use lots of bright lights, christmas stuff. I knew a Vet that kept them up all year just to be "cheery", and dont forget the Holiday music, no serious stuff just the frosty and reindeer stuff, bright and cheery. Also try those new noise cancelling headphones with the funny music.

Not knowing why you have the PTSD, its difficult for me to say something usefull but I have seen the real stuff, cried with some others and stayed out of the way of some. :) One more thing If you got legal meds by all means do them, otherwise If you got em Smoke them :P

Arch

Time for YOU to be #1 with YOU, Carlie. You have been so good to me here since the beginning and I have appreciated your advice and comments. You are a valuable person and I wish that everyone had someone like you who has been their bouy in uncertain times.

The holidays are full of traditions, if they work for you, fine, if not, make your own. When I could hear better, I used to go to the movies on the holidays - and found no shortage of folks doing the same! Now I am happier renting them and watching them at home, and know I'm not the only one - better be early or the best will be gone!

Not much for turkey on this day, either. In short, the things I like are pretty much the things I like most of the time and I'm beyond any reason to justify it to anyone else.

There are more and more people finding their own way through the season, let go of anything that doesn't work for you and try something else. My list may be limited and vary in effectiveness, but I hope you have learned faster than I that we don't owe anyone else guilt for our choices.

Gary

On the computer today, because it is one of my ways