VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Much Millions I Can Ask In U.s. For My Husband's Death?

Rate this question

marielovesashley

Question

Hi,

I finally got my situation fixed with the U.S. Immigration.

So now back on the other fight. I wish to know how much millions I can ask in U.S. for my husband's death? I am truly not shy to ask the maximum so please let me know.

Thank you in advance,

Marie

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am almost scared that I will scare Dr. Bash because it is looking that I scared off all the attorneys with my financial situation i.e. that I did not have a working permit and that I was receiving only the widow VA pension which is 610 per month. So here is how I thought to introduce myself and again I am scared to scare him off and not have help at all. If I don't have a job it is not because I am a lazy bum but because I got this permanent resident card since 2 weeks ago. Please tell me what you think.

Dear Doctor Bash,

Please do not misunderstand me – I do not want pity. I just received my permanent resident card after 15 months and with the help of the Congressman John McHugh – I am a Legal Educated Immigrant from Quebec, Canada. What I am telling you is that I actually receive a pension of 610 $ per month and I am not working yet.

I do know that I have a case at the worse a wrongful death or at least medical malpractice. I did my own research and I wish to be a very active participant (collaborate with you) to this process and win and that is why I am asking your services even in my actual situation. So please check the informations I will provide you Mr. Bash and you will see that I can prepay part of the fees before as requested and part of the fees after (because I have a case) and you Sir will decide which amounth I am giving you. (because you are saying it is a flat fee and prepaid fee) I thank you in advance for your comprehension.

I know Dr. Bash has gotten a bit "gun shy" about partial payments at least that's what I heard. He apparently got burned by some vets... again this is second-hand so it may or may not be true.

Personally I would keep looking for a laywer to represent you... now that the legal resident status is cleared up they shouldnt be shy... just go to as many as it takes to get one to take the case on a percentage of final ruling - like the social security laywers do... They do it ALL the time, so just keep knocking on attorney doors. Search for some on the net... etc. I really really think anyone needs an attorney to get the proper compensation for your loss.

My sympathies go out to you...

Bob Smith

• HadIt.com Elder

Marie:

Welcome back to Hadit. You should ask a lot more than you think that you will get. I don't know how you can put a price tag on a loved one who is killed by negligence.

I am sorry that I don't know much about suing the VA. I wish you the best of luck.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Marie,

Important question here, did VA discharge him or did he leave against medical advice(AMA)? If he left AMA you will have a much harder time proving VA malpractice.

Best regards,

Tyler

Malpractice lawyers-if they take a malpractice case- operate on a contingency fee basis-

they only get paid out of the proceeds of the case-

there are plenty on the net- I believe I contacted one firm for you- some time ago-what was their response?

A lawyer would be much much more willing to consider handling a case like this if you had an independent medical opinion that proves malpractice occurred-

It doesnt matter what amount you put-as ,long as it is high enough- I put %58,000,000 on my FTCA form-

but since you have not filed the SF 95 yet - best to leave that form to a lawyer- when you get a good IMO to support the malpractice.

Dr. Bash or any IMO doctor you get will need the veteran's complete medical records, the discharge certificates, death certificate, any autopsy results if done-and any denials from the VA if you have applied for DIC under Section 1151.

Syracuse VAMC was one of the VAMCs that continued the malpractice of my husband.But it took a long time for me to decifer their handwritten medical notes.Lots of neuro lingo-lots of medical books to study----

Ironically- unlike my past FTCA case -but for my present claim-

those records reveal what was NOT there-

and should have been.Follow up testing etc-

A good IMO doctor- whether the medical records are typed or handwritten-will certainly be able to see if malpractice occurred.

I sent Dr Bash a very brief email of what evidence I had for my recent claim -I just listed a few things-

he immediately emailed me back and said it sounds like a solid claim-

and his subsequent IM0s supported the claim fully-

I dont know if he makes arrangements for payment- I too think he has been burned on that by a few-

but whoever you obtain for an IMO-if they do find evidence of malpractice-will be worth the fee in the long run.

Most malpractice lawyers I would think -would insist on you obtaining an IMO anyhow-

and then-with a strong IMO they would certainly be willing to take the case on a contingency basis.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.