VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trauma Recovery Program

Rate this question

tanker31

Question

I have been seeing my assigned Psychiatrist at the Houston Veterans Hospital ( for PTSD---I am 50% PTSD, 10% Hearing,100% Unemployable--P&T awarded last year )every 6 months for the last 2 and half years. I was scheduled to see him again this month. Today I received a letter cancelling the appointment, and directing me to report to the TRAUMA RECOVERY PROGRAM next month. I have never herd of this program, did not request it,and do not know anything about it. Can anybody shed some light on this program, and why they would cancell my appt. with the psychiatrist and send me there?

Thanks to all

Tanker31

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I have been seeing my assigned Psychiatrist at the Houston Veterans Hospital ( for PTSD---I am 50% PTSD, 10% Hearing,100% Unemployable--P&T awarded last year )every 6 months for the last 2 and half years. I was scheduled to see him again this month. Today I received a letter cancelling the appointment, and directing me to report to the TRAUMA RECOVERY PROGRAM next month. I have never herd of this program, did not request it,and do not know anything about it. Can anybody shed some light on this program, and why they would cancell my appt. with the psychiatrist and send me there?

Thanks to all

Tanker31

Offers you hope and healing thats a laugh, just another way to treat PTSD. Just another way to take your benefits if your not careful. try it if don't like it, tel them know way!!!! Your Physc Dr may have set this up? Id do some calling if I were you. They (VA) send those letters out so you get them Friday and go crazy till Monday. You'll be fine just stay on it and go see your Dr and take your meds!!RC

Edited by yoggie2

Thanks to all

Tanker31

tanker31

If you just type in (www.Trama Recovery Program),You will get some idea what its about. I belief its a 60 day VA brainwashing workshop to rid you of PTSD? Not Sure if thats what it is,but thats what it sounds like.

Hope I am wrong !!!

Sure sounds like more VA Bullshi- to me!

• HadIt.com Elder

I might be a little to cynical but once you reach 100% the VA really does not see any cost benefit to them in helping you so they move you around to different programs, different clinics changing the name and colors and to different teams. I am a 100% Rainbow Vet as I have been Blue, Copper, Purple, Platinum and also Hotel Clinic.

Since you really don't know what they are up to you should check it out.

Thanks to all

Tanker31

I believe the key word to the speculation here is "recovery" getting well. I think this may be coming everywhere soon. Whether the vet is well or not they might just declare us well. healed, recovered. JMO.