Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

1-800#

Rate this question

kryptos

Question

Hello all got a quick question how come everytime i call the 1800 i get a different answer last month i was told my claim was at the raiting board then i call back 2 weeks later and they say they are still gathering evidence then next they say they have my file on locate. Are these people just guessing or is the system that messed up. :mellow:

"If you want peace, prepare for war"

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Kryptos,

That 1-800 will never give you the same answer..And that so called IRIS wont tell, or give you anything more than a general claims answer that can fit almost any claim..I still am lost as to why they even offer to give assistance..I know that when most vets call they are looking for real time updated answers, maybe in 10 yrs. So to answer your question, to me the system is that messed up..(This is 2007 where computers play a big role in helping society, but the VA only uses computers to their advantage..) :mellow:

Rize

• HadIt.com Elder

Never trust the 800 number. When my claim was active I had the same problem until I figured out that those folks usually are not really all that well trained although occasionally you get lucky and catch a good one. Most of them are just trying to wade through hundreds of telephone calls and will tell a caller anything hoping to get them off the line.

Berta asks the 800 number to look at a particular screen which seems to be more helpful. They really fool a lot of people with the Suspension Date cause most callers think that is a scheduled date to be finished by and all it really is a date to take another look at the file and give it another suspension date.

However that said I think the VA has gotten a lot better about telling Veterans how long they have to wait on a claim.

I filed a new claim last year at Waco VARO had a C&P in February and signed off that I had no more information to submit and I wanted the VARO to rate it with the evidence they had and got my decison and money in April. Probably the fastest way to speed up a VARO claim is to tell them that you want them to rate your claim with the evidence that they have. Only do this if you have submitted everything that you want.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

This is the same old song and dance the VA has been feeding us. Somebody that has some authority that could and would do something about this fake operation and kick somebody ass. I went through many times and got the same bullshit but with different people. They should be ashamed to even think that can treat military veterans many disabilied requiring help now not ten years later. That is what it took me to get my full claim through the system.I am 100% P&T. I was told many of the people that work for VA answering the phone are Vets. Maybe that is the way they are trained to make up crap just to get you off the phone. I wish the President was to call and act like a vet and see the poor non exstance of help and support. It is time to get all the vets together and block vote together and show that we have the power to react.