VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

On The Record Question

Rate this question

Lady Chance

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Not sure what you are asking. Do you mean you want to do a telephone hearing or written hearing?

I am sire that if this is the case you can either have a Representative attending the Hearing for you or you can ask for a Hearing later. Of course you could write up your case and explain your Medical COndition does not permit you to attend a Hearing at this time. If your symptoms are this severe you should request 100%.

Good Luck.

Has anyone had a ON THE RECORD done while a hearig was set. I just got out of the hospital and I don't have my Panic/Agrophibia Major depression under control yet. Just a bunch of meds.

THANKS

Lady Chance

YES!! I know what you are referring to because that is how my SSD was awarded.

An OTR or On The Record Review award is when the case is reviewed by an SSA attorney before assigning it to a judge. In some cases, as it was in mine, there was enough evidence on record (in my file) to award the SSD without a hearing. I was in appeal status but did not have to appear before an SSA judge because it was decided by an On The Record Review. These are rare but not uncommon. I'm hoping the same will be the case with the VA.

If you believe you have enough evidence for this, you can actually write a request to your local SSA office. The good thing about it is even if you don't have enough evidence the claim proceeds as normal...a hearing date is set. So, you don't have anything to lose. Best regards.

Edited by luvHIM